RoadTrip Pt. 2

It had been quite a while since the boys had ate, and now the road was dark as the tall  trees that lined the road blocked out the moonlight.

It was Gerard driving now, with Gray sitting in the passenger seat. The rest of the gang was fast asleep. Who knows how long the two had sat in a silence filled only with the music from the playlist left on low volume. Maybe Gray didn't think much of it, but Gerard wanted to talk with him, anyone really. Driving at night was really boring.

"So um..." He paused, "Why don't you eat more than twice a day?" He internally cringed, wondering if perhaps that was the wrong thing to ask out of the blue.

Gray tapped his finger against his phone a couple time before eventually filling the still air with "My mother has terrible OCD, she'd obsess over things like the house being clean or pens or silverware being organized. So much so that she'd skip meals."

Gerard's face twisted with concern.

"She always made sure we were fed though." He added, "Guess its just one of those habits you pick up, you know?" Gray shrugged sort of, it was more of a sigh perhaps. It was quite difficult to tell how exactly he felt about it. He didn't seem upset, or sad even. Maybe that was just more of his personality and over-stoicness bleeding through.

"Oh.." Gerard breathed out, unsure of what response would be appropriate for a piece of shared information like that.

Gray took his eyes off the screen of his phone, off the map, off the playlist, and leaned back in his seat a tad.

"We don't talk a ton, do we?" 

"Not really..."

"We should talk more often, I quite like you."

Gerard couldn't force back his smile, "Is that Gray Yeon I see calling me cool?"

"I never said you were cool." He returned the look, and both silently rejoiced that the awkward bit had past.

Gerard was about to make a smart remark when someone stirred in the back.

The boys turned.

Teddy was out of view for Gerard, but Gray could look back and see him.

He had turned a bit, his blond hair coving his face, and snuggled himself a bit more into his hoodie. 

"Did we wake someone up?" Gerard asked.

"No, I don't think so."

"Who was it?"

"Teddy."

Even just at the mention of the boy's name, Gerard could do all but keep himself from blushing. Was it dark enough? Was his mushroom hair long enough?

Gray didn't say anything about it, but the smirk on his face said it all.

"Am I st-till going t-th right way?" Gerard knew that Gray knew, and was desperately trying to change the subject.

"Mm-hmm." He said slowly, his violet eyes flitted over Gerard. "We stay on this road for close to forever."

"Cool." He replied airily, feeling rather defeated. Gray hadn't said a word but it didn't seem he'd have to. He didn't dare to look over there, in fear of meeting his eyes.

Gray stared at him a bit longer, and then giggled a bit.

"Omg stop its not funny!" 

"Oh no, its not funny at all." Gray smiled bubbly, first time his attitude would ever match his laugh.

"Your acting like a middle school girl at a slumber party." Gerard said deadpan in response to Gray's out of character reactions.

Gray giggled again and pulled his black blanket up more into his lap. He'd had it in his seat for a while now.