She smiled, "Thank you, and I'm sorry that I've been all over the place lately. With this last painting and then the wedding, it's like I have no time to just, be with you in the moment."

"Angel, it is totally okay. We've both been running around with our heads cut off, and we will have plenty of moments to spend together, just like right now." I smiled, very grateful to be here with her, "Although, you have to promise me that you will let me help you more. I know how you are, but you can't do this all yourself, okay?"

"I promise I will. I don't even think I can make any more decisions without you at this point either. I'm honestly just so exhausted." She scoffed a little and I just rubbed my hands on her back.

"You don't need to overwork yourself when I'm right here, anything you want or need help with, just tell me."

She nodded, "I will Rafe."

𓇽

Hallie's POV:

I had been trying on dresses for almost three hours, and I was starting to get restless.  Everyone could tell that I was at my breaking point, especially Maggie.  That's why she had pulled my into the dressing room by herself, leaving the associate, who had been helping me the whole time, outside. 

My best friend had chosen a dress for me herself, thinking it was more me than the others, which I couldn't deny that I was thankful for.  Rafe was right when he said Maggie knew me better than anyone when it came to picking things out; that being said, when she locked the door and hung the dress up, I let go, sighing in relief as the tears started to pool in my eyes.

The dress she had picked really was absolutely everything I had wanted, and when our eyes met, she knew it too.

"Hal, come here." She wrapped her arms around me frame and I did the same.

I felt the warm water drip down on my face, "I'm sorry Mags, I'm just so tired."

"Babe, you have every reason to be. You've been absolutely working yourself to the death, and I'm surprised you even wanted to still do this today."

My eyes trailed over to the dress again, and when I opened my mouth again, I completely forgot about Maggie's comment, "That dress is perfect, by the way."

I felt my friend shift as she continued to hold me, "You think so? It really spoke wonders about you when I saw it."

"It really does." I sighed.

"You wanna try it?"

I nodded, "Yeah, let's get this ugly thing off me."

She laughed, taking one last look at the dress I was wearing, and decided that she agreed with me about it being ugly.  Mags wasted no time after that to spin me around and undo the clips on the back, letting the dress slide off of my bare skin.  I hung the old one up as she reached for her pick, and then we both worked together to get the new one onto my body.

I stood in front of the mirror, tears dripping down my face with my make up smeared slightly, and took in the beauty of this dress.  Everything I wanted and more in a dress was right in front of me.  It wasn't anything too revealing, which wasn't my usual style, but for my wedding, Mags and I had both agreed that it would be nice to do something different. It was simple, off the shoulder, white, a slit that ran up to my mid thigh, and honestly perfect.