40

The climb up the last part of the mountain turned out to be quite the difficult one. Jisung wasn't the athletic person he wished he was, and as the two boys were struggling up the mountain it seemed all the more noticable. He needed at least a full minute to catch his breath as they reached the square that lay at the top. For the older it took only about twenty seconds, so by the time he'd caught his breath he was just softly giggling watching how exhausted Jisung still was. The younger softly punched Minho's arm as a response, finally gaining his breath again too.

"Remind me to never fucking do this again."

"You'll probably forget all of that when you see the view. Come on, lets go look from over there first." Minho pointed toward the railing to the right, the opposite side of where the giant tower stood and Jisung nodded before following his friend.

The second Jisung came up to the railing and looked over the city, a pit formed in the bottom of his stomach and his eyes went wide. It was an indescribable feeling he'd never experienced before, but he just didn't feel comfortable looking out at the land below him. The feeling in his stomach grew worse, as if someone grabbed his insides and was turning them around with their bare hands. His face started heating up as if the blood was rushing to his face, yet when Minho looked at him he was paler than ever.

"Yo, you okay?"

"Huh? Yeah? It's... so high?" Minho laughed, initially not realising that Jisung was actually terrified. Only when he turned to look at the view a little longer, he realised he wasn't moving, as if he had turned into stone. It clicked in his head, before he softly grabbed Jisung's hand.

"Are you scared of heights?"

"No—no! I'm fine! Lets go up the t-tower, okay?" Jisung moved back quickly, hands still interlocked as he moved away from the view below. It calmed him down slightly, yet his body was now aware how high up he was. His legs trembled as the two boys walked to the center of the square.

"Sung, are you sure? To me it looks like you are afraid to even be this high up. We don't have to go on the tower, we can just eat something and leave." Minho worried, seeing how obvious it was to him and anyone that would look at Jisung that the boy wasn't really up for it... at all.

Meanwhile Jisung was feeling guilty that he only just found out he was afraid of heights. Minho had seemed so excited to go up the tower this time, he didn't want to ruin it for his crush.
Suddenly, he felt Minho tug his hands slightly, causing both boys to stop in their tracks as they now stood near the souvenir shop at the base of the tower.

"Jisung. Lets not go up there, okay?" The older said in a worried tone, brows knitted together on his forehead as he scanned Jisung's face for any signs of distress.

"What, why? We're here right... we can just go up!"

"You're clearly terrified, look... your legs are still shaking. Tell me the truth, I want both of us to have a fun time." Jisung sighed, looking away towards the giant tree-like statues filled with locks in all shapes and sizes.

"I had the worst feeling when I looked down. My body just froze and I felt like my stomach was being turned inside out... I really wanted to get the fuck away from where we were standing. But... you really wanted to go inside the tower, so I want to go with you." Jisung sulked near the end of his explanation, nausea still simmering in his chest and throat as his brain had entered flight mode. Minho smiled softly as he caressed the top of Jisung's hand with his thumb, running small circles over it in a way to hopefully comfort him.

"Well, you clearly have acrophobia and I really don't want to put you through more stress than you're already experiencing. How about this; lets hang up a lock and take some pictures to make it up to me? We're here to have a fun time together, okay?"