6

Seungmin and Hyunjin were collectively losing their minds. It was the start of a new week and if that hadn't been worse enough, they also saw a familiar face walking through the halls. When the blond hair turned to look their way, the two had bolted out of the hallway and into a random classroom, hoping the boy hadn't had the time to take notice of them. Thankfully the classroom was empty as it was lunch break, otherwise they'd have some explaining to do.

"This can't be happening!" Hyunjin hissed as he looked throught the small window in the door, peeking out into the hallway the two had just escaped from.

"Well, it fucking is! Isn't it maybe a good thing, though?"

"Isn't it a good thing? Isn't it a good thing!? Seungmin I love you but how can you say something like that?! I thought you were the smarter one of us two!"

"Hey!" Seungmin scoffed offendedly, glaring at his boyfriend who had just indirectly called him dumb. "I'm book smart, not people smart. And I'm especially not people smart when it comes to dealing with Jisung's grand problems, okay?" Hyunjin stopped looking out the window and turned to his boyfriend quickly, soft expression adorning his face. He grabbed onto Seungmin's hands who initially tried pulling them away as a lame way to show he was upset, but the older didn't let him.

"Hey Minnie, listen to me. You're really smart and clever, and you take so much time to do research on Jisung's condition. You make the boy so comfortable and you go above and beyond to help him, you know you're good with helping him. This situation we are finding ourselves in is something we had never expected to happen, so of course we both don't know what to do."

"Well... you're right that this probably isn't a good thing."

"No, no. I'm not right in that, we can't say that yet. It depends on how we go about this situation that will show us whether or not this is a good thing." Hyunjin kissed Seungmin's forehead as the two hugged each other, neither being upset anymore. The youngest of the two pulled back, now walking up to the window to have a look into the hallway himself.

"Still, who would have expected Felix to come back? Especially so soon?"

"Well... that probably means his grandfather passed away... Should we... go talk to him?"

"Well, he was one of our good friends, saying hi won't hurt. Lets just not mention Jisung's condition for now though, even if Felix asks how he's doing. He might guilt trip himself into thinking it's his fault Jisung ended up this way, especially since everything went down right after he left." Seungmin said, Hyunjin agreeing with him before they left the classroom and walked into the hallway again. Surely enough the blond was still at his locker, putting some books away that he didn't need.

"Felix, is that you?" Hyunjin spoke loudly as the couple approached the boy. His head immediately turned their way, freckles still as beautiful and visible as before. It took Felix less than a second to recognize his old friends as his lips formed a grin om his face, causing the stars on his cheeks to start dancing.

"Hyunjin, Seungmin! I can't believe you're here!" He walked up to them and gave each of them a hug, showing he was still as touchy and affectionate as before he left.

"We should say that to you, Lix! We didn't think we'd ever see you again after you left for Australia!"

"Yeah... well, grandpa ended up passing away earlier this year. I promised my parents to finish my school year there before I moved back, so here I am! Although it was slightly delayed, as it's already past the new year... oh well!"

"We're sorry to hear that Lix, but we're glad to have you back! It's been too long, really."

"I'm happy to see you too as well, the gang's all back together! Speaking of, where's Jisungie?" Felix' eyes shone as he mentioned his old best friend, hoping to hear that his almost birthday twin would be joining them shortly. He noticed how the smiles on Hyunjin and Seungmin's faces fell for a short moment, wondering what could be wrong.