16

'Being fine with just being friends', turned our to be one of the biggest lies Han Jisung had ever told himself. That same week, he'd hung out with Minho three times (at his house, obviously) and they'd cuddled up wherever they sat. In the cinema and in his room, they were tied to the hip. The worst —yet best thing about it, was that Minho always insinuated it. The poor younger was desperately trying to keep his feelings in check, but it was impossible when the other was being super touchy.

So now, the two of them could be found in the same position, lying comfortably in each other's arms on Jisung's bed. His mother would be coming home tomorrow to spend some time with him, so he'd asked Minho to hang out with him today. They were watching 'Koe No Katachi', an anime movie about a deaf girl who got bullied when she was younger. At one point, Jisung started sniffling quietly as he watched, very emotionally invested in the story. Minho noticed and pulled the boy closer to his chest (if that was even possible at that point), in hopes of comforting the younger a bit. The movie ended not long after, Jisung's tears dried on his face as he didn't move from Minho's firm embrace.

"That was a good movie." The younger whispered quietly, enjoying the warmth of the older. "Yeah, it really was." He agreed, also whispering as if they'd break the comfortable atmosphere if they spoke out loud.

"Jisungie..."

"Hmm?"

"I kept thinking about why you texted me the first time, but I couldn't really think of a reason. So, I was wondering why you texted me then?" Jisung stared ahead for a moment, trying to think of a solid reason. He didn't really know why, he'd just felt the urge to do so. Maybe he didn't want to keep bothering his only friends all the time, or he'd just felt bored and didn't really know it would lead to a close friendship (and crush). The boy sighed, coming to a conclusion that would sound pretty stupid out loud.

"I guess I just wanted a friend. One that didn't know my traaagic backstory," the boy joked, causing Minho to giggle in response, "or maybe I was just a bit bored of my life as well. It was always the same, and you did help me in the store, so I probably felt that if I had to befriend anyone the obvious choice would be you."

"I see..."

"Does that satisfy your thoughts?"

"Yeah, it makes sense. I'm glad it was me you decided on though, I really like you." Minho spoke casually, but Jisung's heartbeat immediately sped up. His mind went over the last part of Minho's sentence over and over again, having a battle on wether or not it implied what the boy hoped it implied. He coughed and decided to brush it off, asking the older a question of his own.

"So you gave me your number but you didn't expect me to text or call again?"

"Not really, no." Minho laughed in response, sitting up to stretch his back a bit. Jisung also sat up, facing the older who was now to his right, surprise laced in the expression crossing his face. "What, why? Surely you wouldn't just give your number like that to a random person?"

"Well, remember my friend Changbin?" Jisung nodded, having heard the namea bunch of times by this point. "He always told me to shoot my shot when I came across a cute guy." The younger's cheeks heated up, turning a furious shade of red as it reached all the way to his ears. He punched Minho's chest softly, huffing as he tried to deny the compliment.

"I am not cute! Besides, you met me when I was having a whole ass panic attack! There is nothing cute about that, you're lying!"

"Someone having a panic attack doesn't make them less cute. Honestly, I wasn't going to give my number initially because I felt like that would be a little weird... but I am studying in a field which could help, so it was a good excuse. A-Although the offer was serious!" The older put his hands up in defense as he was speaking, Jisung's previous pout dissolving whilst a shy smile took its place.