"But she is slowly forgiving me and I'm hoping that this helped the process." I finished. Raising her eyebrow, she nodded taking in what I'm saying. "I fucked everything up for dad. I fucked up everything and in turn, she paid for it. It was wrong and she doesn't deserve that." I whispered.

Looking around the backstage area, my father was still under the lights taking the heat from the public and reporters. He couldn't cover up his traces in the lines for that long.

"J'aime cette fille plus que je n'ai jamais aimé quelqu'un d'autre, maman. Je ferai tout pour qu'elle soit heureuse même si ce serait pour que mon père tombe. Il ne nous a jamais mérité de toute façon." I looked her in the eyes as she slowly nodded, blinking away her tears.

(I love this girl more than I have ever loved anyone else, mom. I will do anything to make her happy even if it meant for dad to fall. He never deserved us anyways.)

That's all I had been doing—causing tears to those who didn't deserve it.

Looking back at the stage, I felt the fury growing inside of me. He should be the one crying, not any of us. He ruined his family for politics. I was never going to be like him.

But I was different in this situation.

I was in between right and wrong on this very fine line.

I knew why my father did this but I knew it was wrong.

My mother grabbed my arm, dragging me away. It was comedic to see a modelesque woman dragging her six foot seven son behind her. But nobody got in the way of Eleanor Day.

She might've been forced into the top of a tower to give birth to me. She might've had to throw her entire life away for him. But it doesn't mean that she couldn't hate him. For all, he had done to her, to me, to us.

He split our family apart.

But he couldn't see that.

This is where the wrong out of the right comes into play. He couldn't see his faults. He couldn't even see his faults so when he saw that he was losing, cash is king baby.

A big fat one hundred million in the state audits accounts.

Cash is king but I was the entire royal family in this moment.

Shutting the door behind us my mother paced in front of me trying to come up with words. "Mom, it's okay. I will take care of everything." I assured her as she aggressively chewed on her lip.

"No this can't be happening oh my god," My mother choked out. I furrowed my eyebrows taking a step forward, she collapsed in a sitting chair next to the coffee table that held a custom china set of teaware.

But then she smiled.

"Are you okay mom?" I asked as she smiled even bigger.

Sniffling she began to choke up, she suddenly rushed out of the chair giving me a huge hug. There was nothing like a mother's love when it was the only thing that had to go for you at the moment.

But nothing could've prepared me for the words she was going to say next.

"I filed for divorce last week," She whispered into my chest crying.

She was trying to fight off the smile but I wanted her to smile at this moment. Losing the person you loved was hard, but he never loved her like that anyways. If he did he would've put her first. If he did he would love her before he loved the power. If he did he would've been there for her.

But he never was like that towards her.

And I refused to be stuck in a position where I am ever like that to Sloane.