sixty-eight

Sloane Beck

Sloane Beck

I was warm.

His strong arms wrapped around my body as I melted into an alternate universe. He was touching me, he was here—we were content. I wasn't thinking about anything other than fact that I was so fucking in love with him.

Blake Mother Fucking Day.

He did change.

He was different.

He loved me more than he loved himself, more than he loved his dad—he loved me. He put me before everything. He made a shitty choice before he fell in love with me, and he was a public figure.

It was going to get out either way.

His head lay on top of mine as we melted into each other. My hand found his as it laid on my hip. Grabbing it, I pulled it closer to me, tucking myself as deep as I could into him.

"Close enough, Blondie?" His voice was groggy as we had taken an after-sex nap. Another key point as to his change—he didn't force me to leave, he never made it awkward. He truly loved me.

I've always said how one provides aftercare is symbolic of how much you mean to them. Blake Day fucking loved me. I cracked him and every code he had instilled in him.

But he did the same to me.

He was everything to me and because of him, I hugged myself a little bit tighter when I stared into the mirror.

"I don't think I'll ever be close enough to you." He chuckled as I closed my eyes leaning into him.

My home.

My boy.

"What are you doing after graduation?" I whispered, rubbing my thumb against the skin on his hand. His skin to mine felt like we were one. He was my perfect piece, my missing part of me. He was everything.

But the inevitable is coming.

His father would be put into office in January.
Would he go with him?
Would he finish his college education?
Would he follow through with his dreams?

Was I a part of those dreams?

He was a part of mine.

Clearing his throat, he was hesitant to respond. I tensed up. Oh no.

This would be it, this would be the big one. I should've never had him get that box out of my closet.

"You know I don't want to play football," He spoke. I nodded against him, slowly turning so my body faced him. I could only see what the nightlight plugged into the wall illuminated. I could see his facial shadow.

I watched him as he swallowed deeply—hopefully in nervousness and not in regret.

"I have another year left here," I whispered reminding him as he nodded, his arms wrapping around me. A security blanket that was warmer than all of the other blankets we were under at the moment.