forty-one

* I usually post pictures pertaining to Sloane and Blake but I wanted to use my platform to bring awareness to what is going on in Texas right now

* I usually post pictures pertaining to Sloane and Blake but I wanted to use my platform to bring awareness to what is going on in Texas right now. There will be more information in the author's note down below.
Give them hell, Texas.

Sloane Beck

L I A R

After high school—I had never cared much about what people thought of me.

I used to love game days.

I still do love them but today I felt drained—so I decided to curl up and watch it on my television while the other two went. They left me here but not without a fight—I just didn't want to go.

I didn't want to be around all of those people right now—I couldn't handle it.

Somedays I had good days and then others not so much. I feel like most people don't understand that social anxiety comes and goes. One day you could be a social butterfly spreading your wings but then the next day you could be a lonely moth that only clings to lights.

I watched as Blake caught touchdown passes while Reese threw them to him—I cheered him on from home, but when he got back to the locker room and saw that I hadn't gone to the game—he would be upset.

But he would understand—Blake gets me.

Sure, it took a while for him to stop judging me like I was some gum stuck to the bottom of his shoe, but he gets me. And I get him.

He had caught four touchdown passes since the first quarter and there were now three minutes left in the fourth quarter. We were smoking the other team but it was still amazing to see the team working together as smooth as oil even though we were missing Penn and Mitch.

He was so happy on the field.

He was doing something he was good at—and I wish that smile could stay on his face forever that way.

If you would've told me one year ago that I would be dating my enemy—shit I would throw a beer in your face.

But he changed my mind.

He was different—not that he needed to change for me, but he wanted to. He was more gentle, more kind—even loving.

He gave me forehead kisses that made me melt! Since when does Blake Day do forehead kisses!

My eyes flickered from the television screen to my phone that was ringing—my fathers had been trying to contact me nonstop. But I was alone, and I would be seeing Blake after this— any damage is done to me he could fix me—right?

Clearing my throat, I reached for my phone in my lap, cautiously picking it up. "Hello," I spoke accepting the call.

"Well, it's nice for you to finally pick up the phone princess," I chuckled at my dad's tone. It had been a month since I last saw either of them.