seventy

Blake Day

Blake Day

There were many things that I wasn't sure of.

One of the major things I was sure of though; there was no way in hell I would ever be standing in the same room as my father if it meant benefitting him.

I was never going to support him again. I was never going to help him. He would fall to the ground and I wouldn't even move to catch him.

Because when did the bastard ever help me? Never.

He did nothing unless it benefitted him.

I wasn't really ever into cigarettes but here I was smoking one on the rooftop of Sloane's apartment building as if I owned the place. As if I wasn't one of the richest twenty-three-year-olds out there—as if I hadn't had any problems.

Everything had been put into a perspective to me all because of her.

I had never really gone up to the roof access before. Partially because it was a fucking roof and since I had a person I loved on this earth, I felt like it was my duty to never stand too close to the edge.

But I mean that's what love is all about.

Being on the edge with someone you love. If you're ready to jump to take the next step. Life is a constant cycle of repetitions. It's scary how after so long you fall into a routine and nothing changes.

I needed change though.

I hadn't told anybody about Paris but if you knew me well enough, you had to of had the slightest idea that I would be going back there. When I say going back there—I wasn't coming back to America for a while to stay long-term.

I wanted to live in France.

I wanted to work in France.

I wanted to raise my children in France.

But more importantly?

I wanted to be in France with Sloane.

I wanted to show her the world that she deserves. I wanted to give her the life she had but never took advantage of. I want to take her to fashion week, I wanted to take her to get a 15 euro coffee. I wanted it all for her.