fifty-eight

Sloane Beck

Sloane Beck

I might've been the daughter of millionaires.

But never in my life did I think I would end up in a CVS bathroom, taking three pregnancy tests.

My breathing was uneasy as I hovered over top of them, watching like an animal stalking its prey. I had just gotten my period, but it only lasted a day or two. Which was unlike me, it was unlike me.

When it came to menstruation it was always one of two things:

I never had a period at all.

Or I just bled as I had just gotten shot.

Not to mention Blake had decided to ditch the concept of condoms. I didn't ask him to wear them and he just didn't reach for them anymore.

But this bleeding was different.

It was light pink—it was spotty. I was cramping, but it wasn't like regular period cramps. I was an idiot to of ignored the possible signs but—I just needed to make sure I wasn't before I packed up my life and moved on from him.

It was like it was a sign.

It was telling me it wasn't time to leave him.

"Okay," I sighed through my words as I washed my hands again, trying to pass time. I didn't have my phone. But thank god I still had the abundance of cash Blake Day threw at me this morning.

If only he knew he had been paying for Plan B's and pregnancy tests.

But if I was pregnant?

I would get the abortion and run. I would run for the hills—probably back to Russia where I could just forget about this life ever happened. My life was a shit show—a hysterical shit show that had no end in sight.

Three more minutes.

I would be waiting the entirety of the three minutes- I didn't want to have the whole Naomi mix-up going on. I just wanted to wait for the results, receive the results, and then get the fuck out of this city.