sixty-nine

Happy One Million! This is the SECOND part to the double update, make sure to read chapter sixty-eight before this! xoxo

Blake Day

Despite how drunk my best friend was—I had never seen him sober up that fast in our lives.

Matti sat up from the couch as Naomi sauntered over to us. She had changed wearing one of Sloane's shirts and pajama bottoms to bed. Her hair was in a bun and she didn't look like she wanted to be messed with.

However, I had a horrible feeling things were about to get messy.

"You did what?" Naomi asked again. I looked at Sloane for help as she stood as stiff as a board. I guess we hadn't thought about what would happen whenever our friends asked how bad the falling out was.

I mean, we were two love birds—you don't just break up two love birds for no reason.

"Okay, it's not as bad as it sounds-" I got cut off by Naomi pointing her finger at my chest. That's when Sloane took a step in front of me. "Okay—let's calm down and let everyone explain." Sloane rushed out.

I nodded in agreement before I got my ass kicked by my godsister.

"No, let's not calm down. Blake—what the fuck is going on? What did I just hear?" Matti's voice boomed as he got off of the couch, walking towards me. The four of us standing in an awkward group as Naomi and Matti tried to understand.

"Let's sit down or can this wait until tomorrow? It is eleven at night—we might need to sleep on this..." Sloane spoke. Naomi paused but then nodded agreeing. "Yes, that's a good idea." Naomi and Sloane started to walk away whispering to each other.

But that's when Matti reached out, plucking Naomi by the back of her shirt and pulling her into him. "Mattison," She squeaked his name.

I had refused to meet my best friend's gaze because there had been a whole ugly side of me that I had been hiding from him. However, the ugly side only came out before whenever I was near Sloane. Little did I know I was just being like that because I hated the way I didn't hate her.