thirty

Blake Day

Blake Day

Opening up to someone isn't easy, opening up to someone is like marrying someone. It's intimate and it's supposed to go well.

"Mon bébé comment vas-tu?" Her voice brought a calmness to me that nobody would understand. "Yeah, I'm alright. And you?" She was on my speakerphone as I was spraying on cologne.

Reese, Mitch, Penn, and I were all going out to Mccutchins tonight. It would be the first time we were taking the youngins to a bar and more importantly, it would be the first night that I could go fucking crazy because I had a girlfriend to fall back on.

"I'm alright my love. We are getting ready for bed," Her voice was soft.

I clipped on my necklace around my neck, "You guys are going to bed together?" I asked shocked. They hadn't slept in the same bed for years, since I was a little kid, to be honest.

She chuckled but the chuckle held pain that I wish I could take away. "Goodness no. He doesn't hold that kind of love for me anymore," I hoped that I would never have a love like that.

"Tu mérites mieux maman," I hoped my words formed some type of comfort.

(You deserve better mom.)

Hearing her chuckle, "My darling. How did I ever end up so lucky with you?" I snorted. "Well, I could tell you how..." I lead off as she scoffed. "Blake Daniel, you're such a smart ass." We both let out laughs—it was comedic relief.

"What are your plans for tonight?" She asked as I hummed. "You want the truth?" I responded. Hearing her sigh, I took that as a yes. "Going to the bar with the boys," She was silent on the other end for a moment.

"Mais qu'en est-il de Sloane?" Her question took me by surprise. "Sloane?" I responded as she sighed. "Blake, un jour tu devras grandir. Un jour tu t'installeras et j'espère qu'il n'est pas trop tard car tu étais trop occupé à être comme ton père. J'aime Sloane, elle est électrique." Her response spooked me more than anything.

(But what about Sloane?)

(Blake, one day you'll have to grow up. One day you will settle down and I hope it is not too late because you were too busy being like your father. I love Sloane, she's electric)