XXX

Disclaimer: Penthouse story and characters are not mines. I'm just a big SeokRona fan who still can't move on from them ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

Please forgive grammar mistakes and typos. (^_^)

================================

***

Suryeon managed to convince Rona of the reason Seokhoon didn't come to dinner with them. She wasn't actually lying at all. She told Rona that Seokhoon was investigating Rona's case, but she also told her that Seokhoon was with Logan's secretary so she doesn't have to worry about him. The point of not completely lying was that at first Seokhoon investigated it himself and Mr Hong only came later. Fortunately, Mr Hong managed to find Seokhoon, who, as expected, investigated Byung Kitae's house. But now, Seokhoon disappeared from Mr Hong who thought Seokhoon had returned home. While sitting on the long couch in her living room, Suryeon looked at her phone waiting for news from both Seokhoon and Mr Hong.

"Mom, oppa isn't home yet?" Suryeon looked at her daughter who caught her deep thought looking at her phone.

"Yes."

"Rona was sleeping, earlier after taking the medicine she felt sleepy and went straight to her room. Even though I kind of felt irritated because she had promised to help me study. But then, luckily she's sleeping, otherwise, she'll keep asking about her boyfriend." Seokyung pouted.

Suryeon just smiled hearing Seokkyung use the word 'boyfriend' to refer to her brother.

"Looks like he's really serious about investigating this case with Mr Hong so he forgot about the time." Seeing Seokkyung's concern for her brother, Suryeon had no other choice but to reply to her with lies.

"Rona keeps worrying about him. She thinks he should leave this matter to adults alone." Seokyung sat next to her mother.

"You know how your brother is." Suryeon caressed her twin daughter's hair.

"He might feel too guilty that Rona was hurt for the umpteenth time. How stupid he is. If he like this he only makes Rona worry about him even more." Seokkyung finally lay down and rested her head on Suryeon's lap.

Suryeon smiled seeing her daughter's behaviour, she caressed her daughter's head. Ever since she returned to her children and the Penthouse, it was as if her daughter had never wanted to leave her side. She always came home from school on time. Even if Suryeon wasn't home when she got home, she would go to her office. Her daughter's drastic changes made her very happy.

"But.. on second thought, I understand why he did that. I will also do the same for the people I love. I'll always protect and take care of them." Seokyung gave her a smile.

"Do you have someone you love?" A small smile grew on Suryeon's face when she saw Seokkyung's face turning red.

"No, I mean you." Seokkyung answered immediately.

"I understand. I will also do the same for you." Suryeon patted her favourite daughter's nose.

"I don't need that. All I need is that you promise to always be by my side. Never leave again." Suryeon was touched by the seriousness of the answer given by the daughter who once hated her. She smiled happily because they could finally go back to how they used to be before all those bad histories happened.

"I promise, but on one condition. My daughter also promised to always be by my side."

"Of course! I am willing to not marry in order to continue to be by your side." Suryeon saw her daughter's mood changes.

"Don't be like that, I also want you to find someone who will always love and protect you." Suryeon really hoped her daughter would find someone like that. Find someone who will always love, care for and protect her. Suryeon may be alone now and marriage with her ex-husband was just a mistake, but even so, she already tasted 'love'. She had once found someone she loved and loved her back, and that feeling was very happy. And she is ready to open her heart again to someone else. She began to feel another 'love'.