IV

Disclaimer: Penthouse story and characters are not mines. I'm just a big SeokRona fan who still can't move on from them ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

Like I've said before, I wrote this story before Penthouse 3 started and mostly based on ending Penthouse 2. That's why you'll find the characterization of Hera Kids esp Seokkyung and Jeni different from Penthouse 3. Hope you understand. Thank you. (◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*。

Please forgive grammar mistakes and typos. (^_^)

================================

***

"Did you wait long? I fought with my brother first." Seokkyung joked as she asked Mr Seo to start driving. Yet, Rona didn't realize the joke and still looked annoyed.

"But your brother already apologized, right? If not, just watch. I won't reply to all his chats and calls."

"You know that will make problems even bigger, right?" Seokkyung was looking for her phone from her bag. When Rona didn't answer her, Seokkyung looked at Rona who was sitting beside her. She saw Rona staring out the car window as if she was watching something. She followed the direction of Rona's gaze and saw Jeni was waiting in line at the bus stop.

"Tch, after doing silly things to defend that useless brat, she wasn't even given a ride home by him. You're such a jerk, Lee Minhyuk." Seokkyung cursed with annoyance. From the corner of her eyes, she saw that Rona was still silent watching Jeni.

"Rona?"

"Huh?" Rona looked away from the bus stop and glanced at Seokkyung.

"I'm actually annoyed with your attitude that still defends Jeni. Her anger is hard to stop, I.."

".. understand her feelings because you've been in her position? Angry with me because my mother has killed your mother so even though my mother is proven innocent you find it difficult to accept the truth and still hate me. Right?" Rona's statement left Seokkyung speechless for a moment before she spoke.

"When I caught her giving you food that year, Jeni once told me that why you are to blame, your mother's fault is not yours. I wonder why Jeni doesn't even remember her own words?" Seokkyung shook her head in disbelief after remembering the past.

"I understood at that time why you hated me and bullied me. But I still didn't hate you, did I?"

"That's why I don't like your attitude." Seokkyung scolded her.

"That's why I still want to try to make peace with her. Because whatever it is, she's my first sincere friend. Apart from Seokhoon, I'm sure she's the only one who cried over my death." Rona's words brought Seokkyung back to her senses. Rona was right. In their class, all the students apart from Seokhoon and Jeni didn't care about Rona's death. Jeni was no less sad than Seokhoon. Compared to her, Jeni deserved to be called Rona's friend.

"Speaking of my brother who cried over your death. I hope you understand now why he is so overly protective of you." Seokkyung changed the subject.

"I know."  Rona replied lazily as she looked back to the views outside the car window.

"No, you don't know. My brother was in a lot of pain. He didn't eat, didn't talk for several days. He missed out on all his classes and extra lessons. He hardly went to school because every day he prefers to visit your grave."

Seeing Rona who was still silent and prefered to look at the scenery outside, Seokkyung continued her words.

"You know, because we are twins, we also feel the pain if one of us gets hurt. The reason why my brother protects me so much, especially from my father, is because he might also feel the pain I went through." Seokkyung stared towards the front before continuing.

"My brother, after you... you know... died, he was very hurt. I felt it, my heart was also hurt. I felt his pain. But I was too focused on my ego so I didn't care about it."

"Not that you realize I'm the reason, and you don't like it?" Rona teased Seokkyung, made Seokkyung tongue-tied for a minute.

"Maybe that's too. But Rona, believe me, my brother really feels very guilty for not protecting you. He thought he should have waited for you to come out of the toilet during the festival. I was so insensitive. I even belittle his suffering. Until that time it happened, when I realized and  I felt my brother's sadness, anger and regret. That time when I said to him that I provoked Eunbyeol by spreading a rumour. Well if I think again, it's not a rumour because that's the truth. The truth is that my brother loves you very much." Seokkyung fixed her gaze to Rona before finally turning her gaze back to the front.

"My brother was very angry with me because even though Eunbyeol was the one who pushed you, I was the one who lit the fire. I realized that I felt hurt but it didn't hurt because I was scolded by him. It's because after I looked into his eyes, I felt his suffering, my chest hurt, my heart ached. That's when I knew, that my brother was in great pain." Seokkyung finished her story while turning her head back to look at Rona who was still staring outside. She saw Rona wiping some tears from her face.

"That's why Rona-ya, please understand my brother. That's all I can ask. Because for my brother, you are his everything now. He can't lose you twice." A few minutes after Seokkyung finished her sentence, their car was already in the parking area for the residents of Hera Palace. Seokkyung saw that Rona was still silent. Even when they walked to the elevator, Rona was still silent.

"You're coming to the penthouse, right?" Seokkyung asked, breaking the silence.

"I'll change clothes first and bring books for us to study later because I'll be at your place until dinner." Rona replied and Seokkyung nodded as her response.

"Okay, I'll come to your apartment and wait for you to get ready. We're going to the penthouse together." Seokkyung typed a text on her phone, informing her brother that they had arrived at the Hera Palace.

"No need, I'm already frustrated with your brother's behaviour, don't add it." Rona pressed the button for the elevator. When it opened, Seokkyung soon entered the elevator door ahead of Rona.

"Sorry Rona, I'm more afraid to refuse my brother's orders than you." Seokkyung then positioned herself in the corner of the elevator with a smile.

"Since when did you become obedient to your brother?" Rona pressed the button for her apartment floor.

"From now on." Seokkyung replied indifferently.

================================
Yes! Seokkyung in my story is not frustrating like in Penthouse 3. I wrote her based on the last episode of season 2 when she voluntarily helped Rona unpacked in her apartment.

Thank you for reading my fic and giving me votes and lovely comments. I truly appreciate your support.
(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤