4. Chamber.

They all clambered out in to a dark garage, and Zeke took Hera's hand. "You stay with me. I'll show you the way."

Jean went to the back of the van and pulled out an unconscious Birdman. Then, with almost no effort, she lifted him and dropped him roughly on a nearby gurney.

"Fucking hell, I forgot he was even there..." Hera remarked.

Jean smirked at the commentary and admired her nails. "Still got it." Then, "You alive fuck face?" Jean slapped Birdman, hard. He rewarded her with a weak groan.

"Stop messing with him, Jean. Take him to the holding rooms for questioning." Theo looked over to Hera, a strange expression crossing his striking features. "The Director wants a word."

Zeke gently tugged on Hera's hand towards an entryway to the right while Jean took Birdman down a corridor to the left. Hera walked through the first doorway and saw more long passages in different directions. This place is a maze, she thought to herself. How would she ever find her way out of there...

They went straight through two more doors until they came to a massive open-planned space. It looked like a mess hall on one side and a training facility on the other, but it was empty. Zeke kept a gentle grip on her now clammy hand and guided her through another door.

How many doors are there?

Hera was pretty sure they were underground, as she didn't see any windows on their walk. Immediately, she started feeling claustrophobic. Her feet felt leaden, and her breathing became shallow as a warm body bumped into her back. Zeke's grip on her hand released as she made a complete stop.

"Take a deep breath, Hera." Theo turned her body towards his and stared at her face as she panicked. The floor beneath them quivered, and Theo's eyes widened slightly. "Hera, breathe. There are hundreds of people living beneath this floor. You need to stay calm."

She shook her head. She couldn't stop the fear and bile rising in her throat. The air around her was buzzing. Not again, she thought. She was going to kill everyone here.

"Kill me..." she whispered as tears threatened to fall.

"Can I help you? Can I touch you?" Theo said urgently. Hera could only nod slightly before Theo's warm, calloused hand cradled the back of her neck, and the other splayed across her chest, fingertips against her sternum.

"Breathe," he said again so gently. "Relax, Hera. You're safe here." An instant pressure released from Hera, and her knees almost buckled. Her body ended up half pressed against Theo, who held her stable.

"Can I let you go now?" He questioned, using a very different tone than moments before. She again could only nod as he let her stand alone. She let Zeke take her hand once more and guide her through the final door titled, Director.

...

It was a standoff.

Hera and the Director stood face to face, both with unreadable expressions. Did he know she nearly killed everyone in his little 'Community' with her weird abilities? And why did she feel such a strong sense of familiarity staring at this man? She wondered if he thought the same, but he only said simply, "Sit."

Hera found a seat while Theo and Zeke stood by the doorway. "You may wait outside." The Director spoke again.

Hera shifted uncomfortably in her seat when they left and clasped her hands in her lap.

"Do you know who I am?" The Director asked carefully.

She shifted again, clearing her throat to reply, "The director?" She asked more than stated quietly.