Dark Red

Dark Red by Steve Lacy

________

Lizzie's POV

I held her arm tightly against my body like I'm afraid to let go. The smile I've drawn after she kissed me has yet to leave my face. I couldn't, of course not. I could still feel the sparks igniting inside of my body. I didn't think about anything else but her. I wish I could explain what I felt when it happened, it's one of those things you feel that words simply could not do it justice. I was swept off my feet. A feeling so brand new, yet familiar all at once. I feel like I could fly.

After everyone got their chance to tell us how concerned they were of my disappearance, I followed Y/N in her room. I watched as she grabbed a towel in the bathroom and used it to dry me off. She was attentive, making sure that she got every corner of my face. I couldn't help but admire the care behind those eyes of hers.

"I wouldn't want you to get sick now."

Y/N playfully covered my entire face with the towel as her contagious laugh filled the entirety of the room. I made sure to give her a piece of my mind and reciprocated her actions.

"You should take off your clothes." Y/N said sternly, sending shivers in my entire body. "The longer you stay in your wet clothes, the more likely you will get sick. Go shower first while I go get a few of your clothes in your room."

I nodded and made my way inside of the bathroom. If I didn't have any self respect, I would've pushed all boundaries and asked her to shower with me. But, I wouldn't want her to think that just because we kissed, I could act like I own her. I want to be as careful with her as possible. We'll take it at her own pace. It's about time I make it about her, and not me.

After my hot shower, I wrapped myself with a towel before grabbing the clothes that rested on top of the sink. When I'm finally fully clothed, I look at myself in front of the mirror, the smile I've had all night is still there. Then, I began to trace my fingertip across my lips where hers was not too long ago. I closed my eyes to remember the feeling, and there it is. The feeling of satisfaction, tenderness, and love remained engraved in my heart.

Eventually, I had to put a stop to my moment before she thinks something happened to me. To my surprise, I didn't see her anywhere in the room. I jumped a little when the door opened, revealing Y/N with two plastic bags.

"Jesus, you scared me."

"Oh, I'm sorry." She said, "But, I got us food."

Y/N sat on her bed excitedly, with probably the cheesiest smile I've ever seen. She gave the open space beside her a tap, gesturing for me to join her. I followed a few seconds later, and from there we did our normal routine by watching one of our shows while we ate in peace.

I probably should've brushed my hair before I ate, because now, they're tangled and dry at the same time. It hurts to brush my hair, and quite frankly, I don't think I'm making any progress.

"Do you need help?" Y/N chuckled. "Actually, you don't have a choice. Hand me the brush, Elizabeth."

I didn't try to fight and gave her the brush. I tilted my to my left so she could brush the part I was struggling with. To no surprise, she did it with ease, and not once I winced in pain. But, before I could move, Y/N placed all of my hair on one side as her lips began to wander across my neck softly.

I closed my eyes to fully immerse myself into the satisfying feeling her lips are giving me. Every kiss is soft. It wasn't forced nor lustful in any way. I could feel the carefulness in her movement like she's afraid one wrong move will hurt me.