Jealous

Jealous by Nick Jonas

________

Y/N's POV

It's been over a week since we started our shoot in Hawaii, and I can confidently say that it's been the best week I've had in a while. Lizzie and I fell into a routine of spending time with each other after every shoot. The times her day would end around midnight, we would eat pizza on the beach while watching the starry night sky. Other times, we would go back to the city and explore the places we haven't been before. I get extremely ecstatic thinking about it.

"I see that this is a thing now." Miles pulled me out of my thoughts. "The amount of times you guys spend looking at each other with love, I'm surprised people haven't noticed that there's something going between you two."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You're still in denial?"

"I am not in denial."

"I agree with Miles, you're in denial." Veronica chimed in.

"Don't even get me started on the amount of times I've seen you two watch the stars at night and Lizzie's not so subtle instagram stories she posts."

"The cast love you two together. Especially Kelly. She might as well be the captain of this sunken ship." Ronnie chuckled. "But, what I understand is how slow you're moving. It's obvious that she still has feelings and so do you. Make a fucking move before someone swoops in and steals your girl."

"It's a little too late for that." Miles pointed behind me. "I knew Ryder was going to make his move one way or another."

From afar, Lizzie and Ryder from the camera crew are awfully close to each other. I tilted my head in confusion because there is absolutely no way that he's saying something that funny. She's laughing so much to a point where she had to clutch on her stomach because it was hurting. My demeanor changed quicker than I anticipated.

"Uh-oh, it looks like you got some competition." Ronnie said. "I can just feel your jealousy from here."

"I'm not jealous." I clenched my jaw as my gaze remained plastered on them. "She can do whatever she wants."

"Your complexion says otherwise." Miles chuckled. "Oh, buddy, this is going to be a long day for you. Good luck."

They bid their goodbyes and left. I stood there, and watched them have a conversation. I still can't wrap my mind around at how often she's laughing. Is what he's saying that funny? If so, why doesn't he say it in front of everyone so we can all laugh? He doesn't look like the kind of guy that would say something funny enough where it would get her to laugh like that. No one can tell me otherwise.

I've tried to avoid looking at them, but every time there's a break in between takes, I would hear them talk and laugh. I'm starting to think that she's doing this on purpose, but I'm not going there just yet. I'm not really in place to get mad at what she chooses to do. We're not together. I don't control her.

"Haha, you should've been there." I mimicked him. "Well, it sucks to be you because she doesn't want to be anywhere with you."

I angrily turned the screws clockwise under the soundboard. I don't like how desperate he's being that he has to say something like that. I'm getting a vibe that people like him only want one thing. And god forbid if he tries something, I'm not going to hold back and beat the absolute shit out of him. It wouldn't be the first time I do that. Men are weak.

I can't get anything right. The screws keep falling off, and I can't bring myself to focus. My mind is elsewhere, and I wish it stops thinking of them and what they could be talking about. It's really none of my concern. I don't know why I'm getting so worked up over something I have no right to get worked up on. We're not together.