All I Got

All I Got by Said The Sky

________

Y/N's POV

I must've been sleeping for more than eight hours because when my body woke up, I felt energized. I fluttered my eyes open, my eyes barely adjusting to my surroundings. I looked around the room, coming to a realization that this is definitely not my bedroom. When I tried to move, my gaze fell upon Florence's sleeping body, her head resting comfortably against my chest. My nerves shot straight up, and all I could think about is how we ended up like this. I tried recollecting the memories of last night, and from what I can gather, we stayed up until midnight watching movies while we were sipping on wine. After that, I couldn't remember anything else.

Florence flinched a little, causing me to stop all of my movements as if I was moving in the first place. Her legs entangled on top of my body, and I held my breath when her arm clung around my stomach. She positioned her head further into my chest, incoherently mumbling something that I couldn't understand. I'm still having a hard time processing the situation I find myself in, but I didn't mind them. Her presence is warm, making me feel safe and sound. My mind is at peace with itself for once. So, once my body calmed down, I allowed myself to take comfort within the closeness of our entangled bodies, feeling content.

A smile formed on my lips casually, and instead of butterflies swarming me, a sense of warmth and comfort took over my body. For once my heart is still, and it doesn't feel like I've been running all my life. She's a breath of fresh air, a sanctuary. She has a smile that lights up a room, and when I meet her gaze, my inner problem goes away as if they never cease to exist. Time stood still as I held her close to me while my hand caressed her back, mindlessly drawing imaginary lines. I don't feel alone anymore.

The room is quiet, yet comforting. I could hear myself think, and with my thoughts all in one place instead of it being scattered, the weight of my affliction was off my shoulders. A moment in time where I didn't feel like I'm going to crumble into pieces as if it was the easiest thing to do. My soul is being mended and I don't even think my mind is comprehending the idea just yet. It's been broken for such a long time that it's too impossible to believe that one single person could fix it effortlessly.

My train of thought was put to a stop when Florence started to stir into consciousness. I pretended to sleep so she doesn't think that I'm a creep for watching her sleep. Thinking about it does sound a bit suspicious, but I couldn't help myself. When I felt her move into a different position, my body tensed up a little. I really want to open my eyes to see what she's doing, but I can't. Suddenly, her fingertip delicately touches my jawline, trailing a line that leads to my cheeks, then my eyebrows. My breath hitched at the back of my throat when her hand cupped my face, her thumb caressing it ever so gently. I would expect my body to react like I could burst with excitement at any given moment, but I feel nothing but pure bliss. Calm and at peace with the contact.

My heart sank a little when I could no longer feel her touch. Her footsteps recede away from me, and that's when I finally opened my eyes. I could feel the blood rushing through my face, letting me know that I'm blushing uncontrollably. I bit my lip in thought as I'm still taking it all in. I'm not complaining about it at all. If anything, I enjoyed it more than my body would allow. That was all I could think about. I probably spent fifteen minutes looking into the void of her ceiling, somehow still gathering my thoughts.

Eventually, I mustered enough courage to get out of bed and face her. I freshen myself up a little in the bathroom, making sure I look decent. I could hear the faint sound of music playing in the living room, which can only mean one thing. She's cooking. I smiled thinking about it, and when I finally opened the door, my assumption was right. She doesn't notice my presence just yet because she's really into what she's doing. She's swinging her hips to the beat of the song as she's chopping onions, which I find quite adorable.