Halley's Comet

💫 Halley's Comet by Billie Eilish 💫
________

Lizzie's POV

It took us fifteen minutes until our bodies felt numb. We laughed our way back into the building, water trickling down from our damp clothes. Y/N rushed to get both of us a towel inside of my bathroom, our soft laughter can still be heard from outside. We dried each other off but not without messing with each other's hair. We're like two teenagers who barely made it on curfew.

"I can't feel my fingers." I shivered.

Y/N gained a hold of my hand before covering it with her own, and placing it against her lips where she blew warm air to keep it warm. We looked into each other's eyes, and for a moment, everything stopped. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest, and her soft breathing that matches mine.

"There, all better." Y/N spoke quietly.

I gave her a slight nod, "Thank you." The silence between us grew once again, thickening the air, leaving me no room to breathe. "I'm going to take a shower first."

"Let's do it together."

My heart fell at the pit of my stomach, and it felt like my entire body is paralyzed. I was taken aback by what she said, and I don't know if I heard her right. I could feel the blood rushing through my face, which can only mean one thing. When I thought I had room to breathe, I felt her hands touch my shoulder so she could turn me around to face her. And she did.

Y/N licked her lips, "What do you say, Elizabeth? Do you want to shower with me?"

"Oh, uh... I, uh..."

She chuckled lightly, "I'm kidding. I'll go shower in my room. But, I will be back so we can watch our show."

I tried to say something, but words didn't come for me. Even after she left, I remained in the same position, trying to comprehend what happened. It's mind boggling to think how easy it is for her to make me feel this way. It's like she doesn't even need to try.

Her simple words really had me going. I found myself thinking about it while I'm taking a shower. It rang repeatedly inside of my head, and it's making me feel some type of way. I don't know how much more I can take before I act on my feelings. As much as I would like to keep it professional, there are some things that I can control before it falls apart.

When Y/N came back, we laid in bed together, watching Lucifer. I kept my distance because my mind was elsewhere. My attention was little to almost none when it comes to watching the episode that's currently playing on the screen. As much as I would like to enjoy the show, I don't have anything in me to pay it any mind. She's all I think about and more. She's so close to me, yet so far away. If I didn't care about boundaries, I would've done something I've been dying to do since we got here. But, I'm afraid of making the first move. This is frustrating.

I didn't even realized that we finished the entire season until her head fell on my shoulder. My body tensed up a little before I could comprehend just how close she is to me. Her hand is barely touching mine, but even with the slightest contact, it was more than enough to drive me insane. But, I respect her, so I didn't try anything. So, instead, I carefully laid her head on the pillow next to mine, and tucked her in.

I turned to face as I'm laying down, my eyes following her soft features that seem to be tugging at my heartstrings. I admired her in every way that I could as my index finger drew an imaginary line along her jawline, and stopping at the corner of her mouth. I've always known how much I've missed touching her face, and telling her how beautiful she looks inside and out, but as I'm looking at her right now with all of me, I want nothing more than to make her happy. Give her all the things I failed to do three years ago, so she knows that underneath everything that happened between us, I'll always care.