78. The Scumbag

-Troy-

-Troy-

It took me way too long to get a grip on myself. I knew this would happen, so there was no point in having these emotions. I gave the door one last angry glance before I turned my back on it, brushing my hands through my hair, trying to decide what to do next. Well, that one was obvious, of course. I did what I came here to do, and it went just as well as expected, so it was time to move on to the next step.

I just wished I had the next step. But I wasn't going to stay here to figure it out.

I went to find the biggest bag I owned and started packing everything I needed. Thankfully, most of my school stuff was at school, so I didn't need to drag a shit-ton of books with me. My Xbox was the first thing I packed. Luke helped me get it, so there was no way in hell I was going to leave it behind. I looked at my computer, feeling bad that I couldn't carry it with me. At least I could take my laptop.

Once the bag was packed – weighing like a ton – I moved on to stuff most of my clothes in plastic bags. While I was at it, I figured I'd go demand my phone back and call Luke and ask him if his parents could come pick me up so I wouldn't have to carry everything all the way to his place.

But then I figured it was probably not smart. I was better off calling a cab or something, so I didn't need to go near my dad anymore.

"Shit..."

But he had my wallet now too. I had everything important in that bag he took from me. I cursed myself for not having my phone in my pocket when I stepped into the house. I should've guessed he would take it from me. Why didn't I hide it in my pants or something!? I really did not think this through.

And yet, I really didn't care. I was free now. I didn't have to hide my relationship with Luke anymore. Even the thought of being able to hold his hand now without caring who was there to see it brought a smile to my face.

I may have decided to come here on a whim, but it was still worth it. I would be fine even if I would never step foot in this house ever again. I just knew it. I trusted Luke. He and his parents would give me a hand, and if not, I could always go to Max, or my aunt. Or to my teachers or our coach – someone would help me. Hell, I was ready to be homeless instead of hiding the fact that Luke was my boyfriend.

I was free.

But first, I needed to get the hell out of here. I stopped to think about my options for a moment. I wouldn't be able to sneak past my father with all of this stuff anyway, so I might as well go to him and make him give my backpack back. I wasn't scared of him.

I finished packing my stuff as fast as I could and carried everything to the door. I opened it and picked up most of the bags before leaving the room and heading to the front door. I could hear Dad and Stephanie in the living room, but I couldn't quite hear what they were saying. My dad was furious. That was for sure.