24. The Cool and The Adorable

-Sky-

-Sky-

I had always loved to be woken up by the singing birds. I always kept a window open in my room, so I could hear them. I was too tired to open my eyes just yet, and it took me a moment to realize that I wasn't in my room. The air was fresh and sweet and a little chilly, unlike in my own room.

I smiled when I remembered that I was camping with Max. I had the best dream about him, and in it, we even kissed! It must've been a dream – it would never happen in reality.

I let out a silent sigh of sadness and opened my eyes slowly. Max's face was just an inch away from mine. I let out a muffled squeal and slapped my hand over my mouth to keep myself quiet, but it was too late. Max moved a little and frowned before opening his amazing eyes.

"What was that?" he muttered sleepily with a frown.

"N-nothing," I said and blushed.

"You make the weirdest sounds..." Max said and smiled.

He stretched his body, and I stared at him with awe. I wanted to say something; I wanted to ask him if the kiss had really happened, but I didn't need to. When he was done with his stretches, he placed his hand on my side and pulled me closer.

"Good morning," he murmured tenderly with his low morning voice.

And, since I was such a smooth and confident person, I squealed again. Max chuckled at me and rested his head right next to mine. I was unable to think straight, and his closeness took my breath away. I had all kinds of emotions sparkling inside me, and I couldn't relax, even though it was the best place possible for me: in a forest, in his arms.

"Sky?" Max muttered after a while.

"Uh-huh?" I managed to utter.

"Is this all right?" his voice sounded worried, and he almost removed his hand, but I snatched it out of pure instinct.

"No! I mean yes! I mean..." I fell silent and blushed really, really hard. "I like this..."

Max's smile grew wider, and he pulled me even closer. "Yeah – I like this too."

I stared at him for a moment and then smiled as well. I still couldn't believe it all was real, and we really kissed. I truly loved it. I wanted to kiss him again, but I was a coward. Then again, I was really happy to just stare at him, and his beautiful eyes. Those eyes were the best thing I knew in this world, and it made me ridiculously happy to see him looking at me.

"I love your eyes," I whispered out loud, without meaning to do so.

My breathing stopped when I realized I just said it out loud. I was sure Max would laugh at my remark, and think I was weird and not worth it, and he would leave and...!

"I love yours too," he replied, and my panicking mind grew blank.

"No, you don't," I said. "My eyes are boring."