53. More Little Details

-Luke-

-Luke-

Damn that asshole that called himself Troy's father. I knew Troy's dad was pretty absent, but leaving him all by himself over the weekend? In a house like theirs? That damned place practically had a fucking billboard saying 'come rob us' hovering above it! I didn't even want to guess what a gang of thugs could do to a teenage boy.

"You seem mad," Troy spoke quietly while I was driving him to safety.

"Of course I'm fucking mad," I grunted angrily. "It's goddamn lucky that we got home earlier."

"I was going to be just fine," he said, and I snorted. "I can take care of myself."

"Whatever. I'm going to take better care of you," I told him without actually thinking about what I was saying. "You're not staying alone in that place."

"So now what? You're going to dictate how I can live my life?" Troy asked. "That's not going to suit me."

"Right now, I don't fucking care," I told him harshly. "I don't even care if you don't want to date me after all, but you're not staying alone in that place."

"So now you've kidnapped me?"

"Yeah. Feel free to call the cops, so I can explain your moronic father abandoned you. Maybe spending some time behind bars would do him good," I growled, feeling angrier by the second.

I saw him turning on his seat so he could face me. I tried to ignore his stare, but eventually I looked at him shortly. "What?"

"I'm actually OK with making out in the car," he said.

"What?" I asked again, forgetting about pretty much everything else than the words he just spoke.

"Pull over and I'll demonstrate," he said with a playful smirk.

I kind of lost my ability to speak. And think. And drive. Thankfully, the road was empty, so when I accidentally forgot to steer the car, I didn't hit oncoming traffic when I ended up in their lane. I quickly returned back to my senses and focused on driving.

"I'm being serious..." I muttered, keeping my eyes strictly away from him.

"Oddly enough, so am I," he said. "It's quite hot that you are worried about me," he added in a smaller voice.

"You are..." I started talking, but then I snapped my mouth shut. I didn't want to scare him away by saying that he was my world and everything I cared about.

"I know," he said, placing his hand on mine on the gear-stick.

I felt a blush creeping up on my cheeks, but shortly after, he removed his hand, and my skin felt cold.

"But I must warn you, if you try to tell me how I should live my life, we're going to have a problem," he said. "I'm OK with being kidnapped by you since I don't like to be alone, but if you try telling me what to do–"