57. More the Merrier

-Troy-

-Troy-

"So, how's things?" Max murmured when we were left alone.

I tried not to grin, but the harder I was fighting it, the deeper my blush became. I turned my attention to Luke and Sky, who were talking about Bella and her breed. They had been so into their conversation that neither of them noticed when Max and I went to get something to drink. It seemed like they still had no idea we weren't anywhere near them anymore.

"I uh... Things are being," I said, and Max chuckled.

"But how are things being?" he continued asking, and I knew he wouldn't leave me alone before I'd give him a proper answer.

"I have no idea," I said with a sigh as we returned outside. "My head is a mess. While he was gone, I was doing fine. I didn't believe things would work out between us. I mean, I just don't think I'm gay. I've never been attracted to guys, you know? I really don't see guys that way."

"And yet..." Max trailed off and turned to look at Luke.

"Man, if I didn't know any better, I'd say he's used some kind of love potion on me," I sighed. "When he suddenly appeared behind my door yesterday, I was back to being a complete mess."

"Well, just like Sky said a while ago, I don't think it matters, right? We don't need labels, only love. If you like him, it doesn't matter if you're not into other guys. It just means that you found someone special," Max spoke quietly.

"Bro, that's way too deep for my head right now," I laughed.

"It wasn't even that deep," he laughed too, but then he fell silent before he continued. "You do like him, right?"

"Yeah..." I murmured without any hesitation. "I do."

"Then all you can do is to embrace the mess, because I believe it's just normal to be a mess at first," he said.

"Now that was deep," I said with a grin. We fell silent after that and just watched the two of them. Our boyfriends. No, no, no, no, a boyfriend and a dude. We weren't that far yet. Not even close. That's absurd. I had no idea where that came from.

"Look at them," Max sighed contently.

I did look at them, and I did find it adorable how well Luke and Sky came along now. I couldn't quite understand why Luke had hated him in the first place. Sky had been nothing but friendly towards him, and everyone else, right from the beginning, but then again, Luke was never nice to anyone. Not at first, anyway. I wondered why, though. He was a sweet guy and seemed to enjoy the company.

"Sky is bringing out the best of him," I said, feeling a bit... jealous, when Luke laughed shortly at something Sky said.

I saw Max giving me an amused look. "That's funny, I've been thinking the same about you."