25. Reserved Seat

-Sky-

-Sky-

I was still high above the clouds when I turned the ATV on and started driving us back to the meeting point. Max had his arms wrapped around my waist, but this time I could feel his hand caressing my stomach now and then. I think he was sitting a lot closer to me than last time.

I loved it. I still couldn't believe it, but I truly loved it.

Up until I started having doubts. As the time passed by, and we were getting close to the meeting point, I wondered what would happen after we left the forest. What if it all happened out of a whim? I was serious with Max, but was he as serious with me?

"Stop it," I told myself quietly.

"What?" Max spoke loudly.

"Nothing," I hurried to say. "I was just thinking out loud..."

"Do you do that often?" Max said, and I could tell that he was amused. "I think that's just ador– cool. I think it's cool."

I laughed lightly at his words. I kind of started to like being called adorable, but only by him. I wouldn't let anyone else call me that, but since it was Max, I was actually quite fine by it.

I stopped wondering about what would happen next. I still had a few minutes with Max, and the whole weekend had been more than I could have ever wished for, so I had nothing to complain about.

And then we passed the last trees, and the sun shone brightly down at us. I had to blink a couple of times to get used to it after spending so much time in the shadows of the great forest. When I could see again, I noticed Luke and Gwen waiting for us. I had called them just before we left the farm so they could come and get their ATV. After that I had called my dad to come pick us up, but he wasn't there yet.

I stopped the ATV right next to the Frosts and took off my helmet.

"Did you guys have a nice trip?" Mrs. Frost – Gwen – asked with a bright smile.

"Yes! It was really awesome!" I chirped, while Max took off his helmet.

"That's super," Gwen said.

"Look, Luke!" I said cheerily. "Not a scratch, like I promised," I continued proudly.

"I can see that," Luke said. "Looks like I can let you use it next time as well."

"Great!" I smiled at him.

"Thanks, Luke," Max spoke while standing up. "You saved our project."

"I only did it so you guys would stop whining about the damned thing," Luke spoke, but I could tell he was happy.

He really was a great guy after all, but I was still curious why he had been so mean to me at first. I decided to ask him about it someday, but perhaps it was for the best if we were alone and no one else was listening. Luke seemed a bit troubled all the time, and I wasn't sure if he would explain anything to me, but I wanted to try. He had let us use his ATV, so the least I could do was try to make friends with him.