He didn't seem to have anything to say. He just stared at me angrily, clenching his fists. I scoffed again and started walking. "Get your head out of your ass and come up with your own opinions for once."

I didn't stop until I reached the next class. I kept my distance from the other students and leaned against a wall. My heart was racing in my chest. I had no idea what Ronny would do next. He usually wasn't a bad guy, but his family was pretty intolerant against pretty much everyone who was different from them. Foreigners, other religions, skin color...

I sighed, feeling nauseated. I didn't know what to do. I could always deny everything if Ronny didn't keep his mouth shut, but I had no idea if it was enough. The fact that Ronny had warned me about the rumors, and helped me spread a new one about me having a girlfriend, made things weirder, but then again, he could use it to blackmail me.

I took another deep breath, but my anxiousness was getting pretty strong. I had to tell Troy about this. We had to stop hanging out. That thought only made me feel worse, but what else could we do?

I saw Ronny from the corner of my eye, but I didn't look at him. He stayed away from me as well, ignoring my existence. Fuck that guy... When I finally started to feel good about things... Of course, something came along to ruin it for me.

We had football practice after the last class. My stomach was twisting in anxiety by the time I stepped into the locker room. Ronny was only a few steps behind me. I could only wish he would keep his mouth shut. I would never be able to face Troy if he outed us. He would never forgive me. This was all my fault. I had ruined everything.

I was on the verge of having a panic attack when I stopped next to my locker. Ronny's was right behind me. In my state of mind, I started considering breaking his jaw so badly he wouldn't be able to talk in months. Or ever.

"Hey, dude."

I froze all over. Troy walked past me, but I couldn't even say hi. He slowed down, and I knew he turned to look at me, probably with a hurt expression on his face, but I couldn't make myself even turn to look at him.

The way he spoke the word dude... Was it just me or did it sound affectionate? It did. It most certainly did. I loved the way he said it, but he had to stop using it right now. But I couldn't tell him that. The entire team was in that room, so there was no way I could tell him to stop calling me dude without everyone hearing it, and getting suspicious.

All I could do was ignore him. The love of my life. My sunshine.

Oh God, it hurt.

But Ronny was there, right behind me. Troy continued his way to his own locker without saying a word to anyone. It killed me to know he was trying to figure out what was going on, why I was being cold and if he had done something wrong.

I gritted my teeth together and turned to look at Ronny. He was already looking at me and seeing his face nearly drove me to break his jaw after all. I guess he understood that, since he quickly turned to look away.

I changed my clothes in an angry haze. My head wasn't working right since I was burning all my energy to keep myself from going into a full rage. I was not good at being cornered. I couldn't register anything I saw or heard or even felt. I was so close to blacking out, so once I had changed my clothes, I grabbed my helmet and marched out of the lockers.

"My god, princess! You're the worst diva I've ever had to deal with!" Our coach yelled after me, but I didn't stay to listen.

I really needed some fresh air.