I looked around, but no one seemed to be paying attention to us. Well, except a couple of girls who were eyeing Luke. Now that everyone thought Max was gay, and only into guys, the girls had backed off. Well, most of them. Now they all seemed to be targeting Luke. I really wished I could just come out and be open about my relationship with Luke, but my dad would throw me out the second he would hear about it. There was just no other outcome, and I had no one to turn to. Maybe my aunt, but since my entire family was more of the conservative side, I didn't know if I count on her either.

I followed my friends to the next classroom. Luke was tagging along, but when we were passing by the back entrance, he suddenly yanked my hand, asking me to follow him out. I looked at Max and Sky, who stopped when they noticed we weren't following. Max shrugged, and Sky nudged his head toward Luke. I sighed and stepped through the exit.

Luke turned around when he heard the door closing. I assumed we would continue talking about Lisa or something, now that there were just the two of us.

"You all right?" he asked quietly.

"I'm not actually worried about Lisa," I told him truthfully. I was feeling too sad to even think of her.

"What?" Luke frowned. "No, that's not what I meant."

"What?"

"You're..." Luke paused for a moment to take a good look at me, "sad."

I didn't know my mood was showing. I thought I was hiding my thoughts and emotions well, like I always did.

"I'm just tired," I said with a shrug.

"Yeah, I'm not falling for that," he said, and pulled me behind the wall. "I think we've started this day on the wrong foot."

I most certainly did. "I guess..."

He looked around before stepping right in front of me. "I told Lisa I'm seeing someone. I didn't say anything about you, not even gender."

"I know," I said. "The two girls were talking about it."

"The ones you were looking at?"

"Do I detect a hint of jealousy?" I chuckled lightly.

"You've been worse today," Luke said, but I could hear in his voice he didn't mind.

"Sorry..." I muttered. "I wasn't jealous, though. I'm just a little concerned about the number of girls who are trying to get your attention."

"Likewise," Luke said, placing his hand on my side in the most careful manner.

"What girls?" I asked with a frown.

"You haven't noticed?" Luke asked, sounding almost shocked. "Ever since Max and Sky hooked up, they've been all over you."

"No? They're all over you!"

"I wouldn't say that. I've been asked out a couple of times, but that's about it," Luke said.

I stared at him for a moment, before laughing shortly. "No, they are clearly after you," I said, placing my hand on his, moving it slowly up on his shoulder.

"I don't give a fuck," he muttered in my ear with a low voice.

"Neither do I," I replied, before stealing a kiss from him.

*****

Luke's words got me thinking. I hadn't noticed any girls around me. When Elisa asked me out, I was surprised. More than that, actually. I just said yes without thinking, and how I regretted that now. When Luke asked me out, I went into a complete lockdown. It meant a hell of a lot to me than when Elisa asked me out.