Shot 6

Laxmi Nagar.

Payal sat on the bed in the room she used to share with Khushi looking at their family pictures as tears trickled down her cheeks.

She heard a knock and put the picture down and wiped her tears.

She asked the person to enter and entered buaji who looked at her niece but she looked away angry and folded her arms with her head on the headrest of the bed.

"What do you want? " Payal asked rudely not looking at her.

"I know you hate me. " Buaji replied.

"Why shouldn't I!..... " She cut buaji off in anger as she stood off the bed and marched up to her." Our whole life you have controlled us...... I hated my mother for abandoning us and starting a new family forgetting me but now I know she did right because you are unbearable and babuji allowed you..... You were a widow at a young age and I thought you will be more understanding of prejudice, but no..... You always judged Khushi for being an orphan and Amma for not marrying early and refusing to have children with Babaji........ She was a single woman who had just lost her sister and brother and was taunted by the neighbours for being single when in fact they were jealous because their husbands and sons were ogling shamelessly at her for being so beautiful...... You manipulated her to marry babuji because you wanted someone to control and be a domestic slave to us nothing more nothing less...... You didn't want Khushi going to school but she did due to Amma and you never gave her peace for that..... Khushi was just thirteen when she had to stop schooling because you were always complaining she was wasting money but the truth was you were scared she will achieve higher grounds and I wouldn't because I wasn't as intelligent as she was. " Payal cried out and buaji bowed her head in shame knowing it was true. "Well, news flash buaji..... Khushi did go to school online without you knowing. " Buaji looked up shocked. "Every night while we were asleep she and Amma studied with a laptop I don't know where she got it from and she always passed with flying colours....... Now you understand why Khushi always woke up late...... And it all because of you..... And like fools, I and babuji also fell into your talk and never or barely defended Khushi and Amma but am happy they are gone because now we will see their real worth...... Khushi and Amma alleviated the stress of house chores and taking care of us from me and you and now that they are not here, it's falling on us...... With what's going on, I will ask Akash to find me a job to help and I won't let him or his family talk me out of it and one more thing...... You will convince babuji to sign the divorce papers and free Amma because she deserves that freedom and maybe she will one day find a man who will support and cherish her like the queen she is because we don't deserve her. " Payal ended and Buaji was shocked by her final sentence.

"What nonsense?...... Who will marry Garima especially at her age? "

Payal shook her head disappointed that her aunt will never change.

"You have a backward mentality buaji....... Have you seen Amma!..... She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen and she is younger than her age and the right man will marry her..... I bet you if she wants, she would marry today itself but why am I even bothering myself to make you understand when your brain won't because of your ego and jealousy..... So please leave before I became ruder and disrespect you. " Payal said pointing to the door and buaji walked out and Payal slammed the door to her face before she could say anything.

She turned and found her brother in the wheelchair looking so disappointed and hurt and she immediately knew he heard everything.

Days Later.

AR Designs.

Arnav and Khushi sat in his office waiting impatiently for the results of Aman's investigation.