𝗂𝗏

┏━━━━•❅•°•❈ - •°•❅•━━━━┓

your p.o.v.

. . .

I am currently seated to an extremely uncomfortable hospital bed. I can't complain, I'm the one seeking for help, I don't need to protest about how uncomfortable the bed's mattress was. "My, my... what exactly happened, L/N-chan?" Nurse Amaya asked. Should I hint her? "It seems like there a bruises and wounds that recovered... that's a good news, Asano-kun said you were about to be bullied, how come you have wounds that are healed already?" she cooes in a motherly tone. "I... I got the wounds because of my clumsiness, Amaya-san, don't worry... It's true that bullies tried to approach me..." I lied. Great, now I have to act along with Asano had set me up to. "Do be careful, L/N-chan..." she then puts the cotton pad with medicine onto my exposed wound. Then decided to clean my bloody face. "You're lucky, Asano saw you," she proceeds on patting the blood off my nose.

Right, I'm lucky to have Asano 'save me', how ironic.

"Yeah, I guess so..." I mumbled while waiting for the bandage to cover my wounds. "Does your parents know you're bullied?" She worriedly asked. "No... I prefer to keep it private, Amaya-san," I look at her intensely. "Well, they should know about this...!" Sternly cooes Nurse Amaya. "No Amaya-san...! You can't!" I stop her. "Pfft-what can I do?" she lowers her voice. "Please act like you did not see me in this state... Amaya-san... I'm begging you, please don't...!" I plead as I get out of my sea, ready to kneel down to her. "Oi, don't kneel L/N-chan... I'm not the God, do keep that on mind... only kneel to God..." she pats my head as she helps me to stand up. "Yes, I will..." I responded.

. . .

timecheck: after school clubs, 2:30 PM

I go back to my classroom with only lonesome to hug me. I can't blame myself though, I've wished on joining the cookery club, but I'm scared that my classmates might budge me in the meat grinder while they laugh at my sufferings. It's not a peaceful way to go. Instead, I opened the window from my classroom, and decided to draw something on my notebook. Or I would often read a book or two. A tree caught my eye because of its tremendous size and its details were very beautiful. I decided to take a couple of minutes to admire its beauty built in strength and color. God, I wish I was this tree, the strength was all there. I can't help but pity myself whenever things go downhill. What if's run through my mind swirling and attacking my anxieties. The angst for my own self rises everytime Asano gives me an insult. Honestly, when will I wake up from this nightmare?

Not focusing much on my environment, I sit up to the window with my feet hanging from the other side of the wall. I was planning on jumping to death, but I realized I was sitting on a window from the second floor of a four-story building. I won't die, and worse, I'd grt my bones broken. So I focused on drawing the majestic tree not caring if someone would push me from behind. That's when I felt like someone was watching me. "Not today, please..." I mumble to myself as I drew the lines in a heavier pressure. The feeling was getting stronger and I'm getting a little freaky, so I decided to take the risk and look for someone who might have an interest on killing me. "Oi!" A familiar voice call out, making me fall from the window. "Shit, why now?" I whisper to myself, waiting for my literal downfall. Either way, I can't point out the stalker as the culprit, it was my fault I fell. Just when I was about to fall with my legs to spare, I got caught by a pair of slender arms. The touch was nostalgia to mine, and I have a feeling, that it must be someone I know. "Oi, I told you, don't even try to die in front of me, I have my conscience to protect,"

It was Karma, but, can he be cutting classes? Does he have any after school clubs? I never saw class E attend any.

"It's your fault for startling me," I quickly got off from his grip. "Tch, why are you even sitting at a window? There's a chair...!" he flicks my bandaged forehead. "Ow!" I yelp. "Relax, that wasn't even half my strength, dummy..." he gives the notebook back. "Thank you," I bow to him. "For what?" He asked. God, this kid is an idiot. "For catching me, again, you should've let me break my bones," I remind him. "Why in the heck are you so suicidal?" he furrows his eyebrows at me. "Not to mention, this was supposed to be the second time I witness you defy your death," he chuckled. "I won't die here, I fell from the second floor, I would just break a few bones," I remind him. "Whatever..." he pats my head and smirks. "Next time you really want to die, do call me, I'll help you..." he chuckles. "What can you do?" I question. "Oh, don't question my abilities, lady-luck," he grins. "Don't call me lady-luck, or such names. I have a name," I point. "You're the reason why I defied my death the last time I decided to kill myself," I glare at him. "Jeez, can't you just be thankful?" he pursed his lips at me. "Thank you, happy?" I sarcastically mumbled. "Do get some rest, you're injured..." he pats my head.

This is guy is being too touchy, what the fuck is wrong with him?

"You don't have to worry, Karma... I will get rest, and I'll make sure the next time I commit suicide you aren't there to witness it," I glare. "Don't be cranky... I just wanted to talk with my friend..." he shrugged. "Tch, your friend?" I scoffed. "What?! Aren't we friends?" He glared at me. Not gonna lie, his glare sends shivers to my spine, he looks and sounds like... a psychopath... a maniac...

"Karma-kun! Why did you leave me behind?"

Another voice called out, I turned to see a blue haired-girl. Wait, is it a girl? Or a boy? Why is she wearing a boy's clothes? "Hi!" she greets at me. "Right, Y/N, this is Nagisa Shiota... Nagisa, this is Y/N L/N..." I was mesmerized with the girl's beauty I forgot she was handing her hand to shake. I accepted the handshake and bowed. "Y/N, he's my childhood friend," he added. "He?!" I asked in disbelief. "Well yeah, what is he supposed to be? A they?" Karma sarcastically asked. "I am so sorry, Shiota-san, I thought you were a girl," I consecutively bowed covering the embarrassment off my face. "No worries, L/N-san... do refrain from calling me Shiota-san, Nagisa is alright," she, I mean, HE reminded me. "Same with me, Nagisa-kun, you can call me
Y/N," I remind him.

"Want to hang out later, Y/N?" Karma suddenly blurts. What's wrong with this guy? "No can do," I answer. "Why?" He raises his eyebrows. "Reasons you won't understand," I shrugged. "Fine, your loss," he sticks his tongue out. Damn this boy, he's so immature. "No, not my loss, nor yours. I just... whatever, to thank you for 'saving' me, I'll pay back what you did," I sarcastically emphasized thw word saving. "What happened, Y/N-kun?" Nagisa interferes politely. "She's supposed to commit suicide, and she's angry at me for defying it," Karma answers him. "I'd do the same thing though," mumbled Nagisa. "No, I'm not sarcastic, Karma... For stopping the bitch that tried to kill me, I want to thank you," I remind him, smiling in a sincere way this time. "Nice meeting you, Nagisa-kun, but I have to go," I waved. The two boys just smiled and waved back. Karma is a weird, idiot, dumbass... But, thanks for saving me that time.

┗━━━━•❅•°•❈ - •°•❅•━━━━┛

word count: 1359

Thank you for reading this chapter! And I want to explain the honorifics used in this book. In basic Japanese, we do know that 'Kun' is addressed to boys, and 'Chan' for girls... however, in formal ways of speaking, or when you speak to friends that aren't that close to you, you'll need to address them 'kun' since 'chan' can be referred to friends with even more intimate relationship. I hope this clears up everything, and thanks in advance for voting!

-love, leo (mysticleon_)