W W W Wedding (Part One)

Section One: Pre Wedding Jitters

“T minus twenty-four hours and counting.”

“I know,” Neville responded thoughtfully, ignoring the humor in her voice.

“You don't look happy about it,” Luna pointed out with worry filling her eyes

“I just think we need to talk about a few things before everyone shows up,” Neville admitted, exhaling loudly.

“Is this about our vows again?” Luna demanded.

Neville nodded, a slight flesh creeping up his cheeks. “I know you don't...”

“There's no argument you can make that will change my mind, Nev,” Luna announced, her eyes flashing dangerously.

“But...”

“No buts,” Luna declared. “If I wanted to know how Harry felt about Ginny, I'd go get a Pensieve and watch their wedding ceremony again. I want to know had you feel about me.”

“But, he....”

“No, Nev,” Luna interrupted with finality. “I want you to write your own vows. You may not use Harry's.”

“Fine,” Neville deferred, admitting defeat. “I’ll agree to write my own vows if you’ll agree to a few restrictions on yours.”

“Why, of course,” Luna agreed instantly.

“Wait a tick. You agreed before I had given you the stipulations. Are my vows that important to you?”

“Yes,” she responded simply. “They are.”

“Oh,” Neville balked. “You don't have anything up your sleeve?”

When Luna's eyes began to sparkle, Neville's eyes filled with fear.

“I'm not even wearing sleeves,” Luna retorted, smiling broadly and pointing at her sundress. “What are your conditions?”

“Well, okay,” Neville sputtered. “I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't mention anything to do with sex.” His voice trailed off momentarily before he gathered his courage and picked up steam. “Please don't mention anything about Ginny and Hermione being pregnant please don't talk about Harry or Ron naked. And, for the love of Merlin, can you not mention the anatomy of any of your father's imaginary creatures?”

Neville closed his eyes and prepared for an outburst. One that Ron and Harry had assured him would come. Even though the Luna he knew would never throw a tantrum, Neville was prepared to believe them since they had been telling him all about married life.

Luna merely smiled at Neville's request. “Very well then, it settled. You write your own vows and I'll refrain from mentioning any of the aforesaid topics.”