Because she deserved it.

She deserved a brand new life that all she would ever know is love.

"That cigarette your smoking? Yeah smells like ass. Take it somewhere else, buddy." I raised my eyebrows as I turned to see Ellie near the edge, looking down.

Ellie was the type of person you could see screaming for help. However, she was also the type of person who would purposefully throw herself in a lake even if she couldn't swim—but she wouldn't beg to be saved. She would always want to die a lonely death.

"You gonna jump?" My voice was sarcastic.

"Why? Are you trying to save me?" She replied.

Quriking my left eyebrow up, I looked down at my Rolex. "I kinda am on a really tight schedule or I would. Let me know how it works out for you though," I put out my cigarette before walking past her, giving her two hard taps to the back.

Walking towards the entrance to the building, I heard her spin in her shoes.

"Blake—you can be a real asshole sometimes!" I chuckled.

Holding the door open, half of my body was inside half of my body was outside. "I know! That's why people love me. Now get in the damn building, Webber." I smirked at her as she sighed. Walking past me into the warm building we both climbed down the stairs and arrived at her floor from the roof access.

"So if I did jump, would you have helped?" Her voice was quiet as we walked.

I hummed, "I would help to scrape you off of the pavement." I said morbidly.

She groaned. "Can't you have any sympathy for me? Or give me this amazing advice that you always give everyone else except me?" I chuckled at her.

Amazing advice? Do people say that I give amazing advice?

"I don't know what you would like me to give you advice on? If we're talking about killing ourselves then you should probably use the vertical technique towards your wrist with razors. It adds an extra amount of gore for when they find you." I reached for the door handle but her hand slapped me away from it.

"How do you know about that?" Her voice was whispered but she was worried.

I gave her an innocent shrug, "I might not be the one checking you out but I have lots of friends who do." Her stare sharpened at my words.

"So what? After Reese fucked me and left me you two gossiped about my wrists?" She was pissed. Shaking my head at her, I did not what this to go the wrong way.

"No, no, that's not what I said, Webber. Calm down," I spoke.

"Well, Blake, you say so much without saying anything at all. You're like the king of it." She reached for the door handle this time, but instead of her entering the apartment, I slapped her hand away this time.

"I saw it when I was putting you to bed that night after that whole fiasco Reese and you put me through," I was defensive, wanting to set the records straight.

Rolling her eyeballs she walked into the apartment, me following behind her. "Listen, just don't tell anybody—okay?" I smiled at her.

"Tell them what?" I responded as she gave me a smile and a thumbs up walking down the hallway.

She'd never actually kill herself.

She didn't have the balls for it.

She entered her bedroom at the end of the hallway as I knocked on Sloanes before entering. I didn't want to wake her up as she lay asleep soundly. What was once a chaotic apartment a couple of hours ago was now a peaceful place of resting.