"Mama...I can't run anymore..." she pants.

"Just a little more, baobei. Please, just a little more."

Mrs. Kong looks around as she tries to spot a place where they could take a quick break. But just as they make a turn, they were met with an ambusher. Xueer bumped on her mom's legs as the adult stood frozen. She protectively hides Xueer on her back as she fearfully looks at the man who has his gun pointed at her.

"On your knees."  the man ordered.

"H-ha-have m-merc-cy-"

"I said, on your knees!"

The man fired near Mrs. Kong's feet making her and Xueer shout. She shakily goes down on her knees and protectively hides Xueer in her arms. 

The little girl covers her ears as she hears another gunshot being fired by the man. Terrified tears strolled down her eyes as she cries on her mother's chest. The gunshots continued until she heard a faint thud meters below her.

"Ma'am, are you alright?"

With glassy eyes, Mrs. Kong looks at there rescuers and shakily nods her head. When she tries to stand up, her legs fail to support her. The soldier help her up while another soldier takes Xueer and carries her as they escort the mother and daughter outside the mall.

~~~~~~~~~

Everyone inside the tent looks at Jiaqi after she successfully pulled the risky plan of hers.

Before they reach the two civilians, they had to clear five floors from any ambushers. And because of her, they barely attain any injuries. The most they got is a scratch from a bullet. They were also able to save many other civilians on the way.

Kun and Yiyang stares worriedly at Jiaqi. Kun side hugged her while the younger girl took her older cousin's hand and gives it a squeeze.

"Pushing that man five floors below isn't part of your plan." she comforts. 

The lieutenant stood in front of Jiaqi as she gives her a salute. A sign of respect.

Everyone followed after and gives the three children their salutes. Yiyang and Kun returns the salute with proud grins on their faces but Jiaqi keeps her eyes on the monitors.

The three children were escorted out to meet with their grandfather. Kun runs to him with his small legs and gives him a hug. He welcomes him in a hug as he proudly looks at his three grandchildren after they successfully rescued everyone. 

He heard all their orders as he was also part of the soldiers inside and he couldn't be prouder than he is. Especially when Jiaqi gave that little speech of hers before executing her plan.

Even when everyone was praising them, Jiaqi couldn't get rid of the bothering feeling that she's getting. She looks at the ambushers and counted them.

'Eight, two of them dead.'

Then she looks at the civilians and observes their faces. Everyone was crying in relief after getting reunited with their love ones. All except for one family.

Little Xueer looks at group of soldiers not far from them. They were all smiling and cheering after finishing their mission. The polices officers took the ambushers inside their cars and drives away.

Her eyes then went to the little children being surrounded by the soldiers. The boy has a bright smile on his face, the smaller girl has a small one, but the taller girl has a frown on her face.