x7 - Comfort

During the whole trip to the infirmary, Xueer has her face buried in Jiaqi's chest.

Jiaqi tried laying Xueer on the bed but the latter refused to let go of her shirt. So she sat beside Xueer on the bed, who immediately rested her head on the taller's chest. 

Jiaqi placed her left arm around the shorter's waist and her right hand gently stroking her hair.

Dr. Wang, who has been silently standing next to Xueer's bed, decided that she wasn't needed for the mean time after observing the two of them. She went back to her seat and silently did her paper works while checking on them from time to time.

Jiaqi didn't leave Xueer's side until the latter has fallen asleep. She gently laid her to bed before she approached the doctor.

The two of them stared at each other's eyes for a long time before the doctor did some sign language.

"What happened? Is she alright?" she gestured.

When Jiaqi was still a kid, Dr. Wang thought her how to use the sign language just for fun.

The doctor had to learn how to use the sign language because she once had a mute patient and she thought that it would be a good idea to teach little Jiaqi back then. She didn't thought that they would have to use it to communicate with each other one day.

Jiaqi told her what happened earlier using the sign language that the doctor taught her.

When she finished, the doctor looked at Xueer with concern. She then turned to look at Jiaqi and asked her, "Are you alright?"

Jiaqi didn't answer.

Instead, she walked closer to the doctor and leaned to her shoulder.

Understanding what Jiaqi meant, Dr. Wang hugged Jiaqi and stroked her hair.

She continued to enjoy the comfort that Dr. Wang's giving to her until they heard a whimper coming from Xueer.

Jiaqi pulled away from the doctor's hug and looked over to Xueer.

She rushed over to her side when she saw Xueer gripping the sheets of the bed, shaking her head left and right while her eyes were tightly shut together.

Dr. Wang also went to Xueer's side and shook the dancer to wake her up from her nightmare.

"Xueer? Xueer? Listen to my voice. Xueer, wake up. You have to wake up. It's just a nightmare. You're alright now. Xueer?" Dr. Wang said.

She continued to call for Xueer's name and shake her up, while Jiaqi was tightly hold her hand.

After minutes of waking her up, Xueer jolted up from the bed, her eyes widened with fear.

Jiaqi held Xueer on both shoulders and stared in her eyes. The latter was immediately able to recognize the person holding her.

'Jiaqi...'

Jiaqi pulled her close to her and hugged the younger as she soothingly rubs her back.

Xueer returned the hug and buried her lips and her nose in Jiaqi's neck. She refused to shut her eyes as she fears that she'll see the horrifying event replay itself again.

Jiaqi stroked her hair calmingly. Xueer focused her mind on Jiaqi's soothing actions when she feels the memory coming back to her again.

Unexpectedly, Xueer felt a pair of soft lips on her temple successfully blocking out the bad memory.

Jiaqi continued to bath her with warmth and affection until Xueer felt herself fully calming down from the nightmare.

Dr. Wang watched the scene with pure amusement.