x29 - Again

The taller dancer was too pre-occupied with playing with her cat that she failed to notice the younger dancer entering the studio.

"Hey,"

Jiaqi looked up to the voice and greeted her back with a smile. She patted the space next to her but instead of seating beside her, Xueer went to take the towel on the sofa before plopping next to her.

Jiaqi watches her as she wipes the sweat off her forehead and her neck.

"Thanks." Jiaqi said.

Xueer looked up to her and her heart skipped a bit upon seeing the emotion in the taller's eyes.

'It's the same from yesterday. The same love and adoration. But at the same time...something else changed.'

She must've been staring for a long time because Jiaqi's brows furrowed in concern and asks her, "What's wrong."

The younger quickly gave her a smile and shook her head to assure the older.

Her eyes then averted to Qmi who's leisurely lying on the floor while Jiaqi rubs her stomach. She reached out to her and to Jiaqi's surprise, Qmi also reached out her paw.

"Looks like she likes you."

"Hm?"

"She doesn't usually get along with new people." Jiaqi explained while caressing the cats neck.

"Did she lead you here?" Jiaqi asks.

"Yeah. She's been bumping her head on the door while I've been staring at it confusely for as long as I remember." Xueer replied with a frown making Jiaqi laugh at her.

Qmi stood up and stretched her limbs while the two women watches her. The white cat turned away from and walked upstairs, leaving the two of them alone.

"Soo..." Xueer trailed.

Without saying a word, Jiaqi lied down on Xueer's lap and closed her eyes.

"Did I wake you up again?" she asks.

"Yeah. I couldn't feel you again."

Jiaqi chuckled. "You've been really clingy lately."

Xueer took the older's hand in hers and intertwined their fingers while asking her, "Do you not like it?"

Jiaqi shook her head, "I like it. It helped a lot. It calmed me."

Comfortable silence enveloped them.

Xueer was softly brushing Jiaqi's blue locks while the other stays interlocked with the latter's hand.

"Jiaqi," Xueer suddenly said, pulling Jiaqi away from sleep. "Look..."

Jiaqi slowly opened her eyes and the first thing she saw is her intertwined hand with Xueer's.

"...It fits perfectly."

A smile tugged up on Jiaqi's lips. She brought their hands near her lips and placed a kiss on the back of Xueer's hand.

"You're cute."

Instead of getting flustered, Xueer became daring and leaned closer to Jiaqi. The latter was a bit surprised but kept contact on the younger's eyes, curious on what she's gonna do.

She saw Xueer's eyes flicker down her lips. Jiaqi licked her bottom lip as an attempt to tease her but she ended up looking at the younger's lips too.

Jiaqi found herself leaning closer and closer until they were only an inch apart.

But before they could close the gap.....