x54 - "Training"

Just like yesterday, Jiaqi woke up with heavy breathing and cold sweats on her body. The only difference was the headache that came with her hangover. But brushing that aside, Jiaqi looked at the body beside her and was relieved to see her girlfriend, sleeping peacefully. She scooted closer to her and wrapped her arms around her girlfriend's body, hugging her tightly.

Just as she was about to fall asleep, a loud knock on the door made her jolt up.

"Wake up drunk people! We actually got a competition to compete at so you can't stay in this hotel room forever. We gotta do something about your reactions." Yuqing's voice loudly echoes.

Jiaqi groans in annoyance and holds her head in pain when she heard a giggle, that immediately lightened up her mood, beside her.

"You were awake?" she asks the girl while placing a kiss on her cheek.

"I got woken up when someone suddenly hugged me tightly," Xueer answers then snuggles closer to Jiaqi. "Not complaining tho," she adds.

Jiaqi softly strokes her hair while she rest her head on top of her chest.

"Your heart's beating fast."

"You're making me flustered,"

Xueer playfully slapped her arm which caused Jiaqi to let out a laugh.

"It's early in the morning, Xu Jiaqi." The taller chuckles and Xueer continues to listen to the fast rhythm of her heart.

"But seriously, are you alright?" Xueer worriedly asks. "It's still beating faster."

"I'm fine," Jiaqi says as she shakes away the images on her dream. "I was just startled a while ago."

Xueer sits up and looks at Jiaqi in the eye, trying to see whether she's saying the truth. She saw bits of the disappearing fear on the bluenette's eyes which made her subconsciously frown. Jiaqi saw this and pulls her back to her chest, reassuring her that she's really fine.

"You can tell me anything. You know that, right?" Jiaqi nods intertwining their fingers.

Just then, a knock from the outside disturbed their moment.

"Lovebirds, I hope you're dressed because I'm opening this door." came Yuqing's voice.

Xueer sits up on the bed as Yuqing opens the door. Jiaqi also tries to sit up but a sharp pain in her head makes her fall back. Yuqing ran to her side while Xueer places her head on her lap, looking at her worriedly.

"How many did you drink last night?" Yuqing asks.

"It's not the hangover," Jiaqi groans.

Lingzi, who was peeking from the door, spoke up and told Yuqing to just let her rest.

"She has no problem going out and going there anyway. Zhaoyue found her there when she went missing."

Yuqing looked at the woman in pain and nodded her head. "Just rest then."

She left the couple in the room and turned to the four who are having a hard time on stepping out of the room. Yanni and Xinran stands outside of the room while Yuqing and Yuge watches inside.

Keni looked at the opened door with her shaking pupils. Lingzi took a deep breath to calm her raging heartbeat. Keran sat on the ground, staring blankly at the opened door. Xiaotang has her back facing the door as she look at the window.

"Just try, please. If we can't get you out of this room then we wont be able to take you to the venue."

Keni closes her eyes and covers her face as she deals with her internal conflict. Everybody expected either her or Lingzi to take the first move, but Xiaotang surprised them when she ran towards the door and went straight out of the room. Yanni went to follow her in panic when the girl didn't stopped ran.

Keni soon followed, throwing all her hesitations out of the window, as Yuge trails behind her.

Minutes later and Lingzi and Keran are still having a staring down battle with the hallways. Then, the door to Jiaqi and Xueer's room opened, snapping them out of their thoughts.

The bluenette walked out with her hand on her temple while Xueer assisted her. She looked at the two girls who are now both sitting on the ground then to the opened door.

"You feeling well?" Yuqing asks.

Jiaqi hums. "Better than a while ago."

"You're going out?" Xinran asks from the door.

She nods. Xinran nods back and watches the couple make their way out of the room.

Yuqing took a seat in between Keran and Lingzi and looks at them with patience. "Can't?" she asks.

Keran sighs while Lingzi shakes her head. She gives them an encouraging pat in the back and gestured to Xinran to close the door.

~~~~~~~~~

"ZHAO XIAOTANG, SLOW DOWN!!!" Yanni shouts. "WHY ARE YOU EVEN RUNNING AWAY?!!"

The other people in the hotel gave them a curious looks. She pants heavily and uses her remaining energy to run after the girl. With one last spur, Yanni successfully grabbed the collar of Xiaotang's shirt and forcefully sat her on the ground.

Xiaotang groans in pain and rubs her butt while Yanni slumps on the floor beside her, hand still tightly gripping the younger's shirt. When she regained a bit of her energy, she started hitting and scolding the younger and even had a hotel staff coming over to stop them.

Yanni apologized and dragged Xiaotang outside where not a lot of people are. She sat the noirette down and glared at her as she takes the seat parallel to her. Both girls took their time to catch their breaths before Yanni speaks.

"Do you mind telling me why the hell did you suddenly ran away?"

Xiaotang swallows nervously and looks away from the class president. "I thought...I wont get flashback if I just went for it instead of going slowly..."

Yanni nods. "Did it work...?" she carefully asks.

Xiaotang slowly shakes her head. When Yanni gave a worried frown, she quickly added, "But I'm fine now, really. No flashbacks or anything."

Yanni still gave her a look of concern but smiles seeing how the younger is taking an effort on trying to block it. She stands up from the chair and gestures outside of the facility.

"You owe me food from making me ran around."

Xiaotang chuckles and follows the president outside of the hotel.

~~~~~~~~~

Yuge keeps throwing worried glances at the taller girl. Keni hasn't said a thing since they went out but she hasn't had an attack either. Both of them were just silently walking towards the indoor garden.

They sat on the vacant chairs not far from the fountain and entertain themselves with watching other people. Well, Keni did. Yuge was worriedly observing her for any reactions.

"Jie, are you alright?" Yuge asked.

Keni tore her gaze from the people and looked at Yuge.

"You haven't said a word since we walked out of the room....Anything...bothering you...?" she carefully asks.

Keni sighs. "I'm trying to be fine, but..." she takes a shaky breath, "It's really hard when every part of this place reminds you of...." Keni trails off.

Yuge nods in understanding. She glances somewhere far and ponders for a while before offering a hand to Keni.

"Wanna go to those places?" Keni looks at her in confusion. Yuge shrugs, "It might help."

Keni looks at her hand before hesitantly reaching for it. Yuge gave her hand an encouraging squeeze and smiles at her before she leads her to all the places that everyone used to hang-out.

~~~~~~~~~

Hello~ its been a while :) I knows its short but its better than nothing, right? Also, I'm sorry if this was bad. I'm kind of having a hard time with writing this lately.