x42 - Ambush

Part two of two

~~~

Eight-year-old Jiaqi scans her eyes around the screen after Yiyang manages to hack the mall's security cameras. That was the first time they earned the trust of the soldiers.

Kun gave instructions to the soldiers inside, where they successfully rescued the civilians who are being held by two men. That's was the second time.

When Jiaqi started giving her orders, everyone was hesitant at following it. It was just too risky.

"She likes doing it risky, but it works." Yiyang backs. "No one gets hurt too."

"Didn't your general said to listen to us?" Xukun asks after successfully rescuing another group of civilians.

"Then, do you have any suggestions on how we do it instead?" Jiaqi politely asks, but everyone was intimidated by it.

They were in the middle of sharing how they could do it the less risky way when Yiyang cuts them off with a panicked voice.

"No, no, no! Not there. Jiaqi!"

The eight year old was immediately by her cousin's side as she looks at the situation. After she finished analyzing the situation, she looks at the lieutenant and says,

"We're doing it my way."

The lieutenant couldn't do anything else but nod.

Jiaqi speaks through the intercom to explain to the soldiers about the situation and what her plan is.

"I know it's risky but you have to trust me. I don't want anyone dying while I'm in charge too, but I need you to follow my instructions if you want to save everyone inside that mall."

Putting their trust on the kid, everyone agreed and started to follow her orders.

~~~~~~~~~

Inside the mall, Mrs. Kong was getting extremely worried as her her calls kept on being forwarded to the voicemail. Tucked in her arms, little Xueer wiped her tears with the back of her hand as she looks up at her mom.

"Mama, where's baba and gege? Why aren't they coming here?"

She looks at her little girl and gives her a weary smile.

"Baobei, listen to mama carefully, okay?" Xueer nods her head. "We're gonna look for baba and gege, alright. But its very dangerous outside so I need you to stay close to me, do you understand?"

She nods again.

Xueer's mom takes her hand and tightly holds it. "No matter what happens, don't let go of my hand. When we go outside, keep your eyes on me and don't look anywhere else. Can you do that for me?"

She nods for the third time and gave her mom a tight hug. Mrs. Kong wraps her arm around her and kisses her crown. They stood up from their position and Mrs. Kong carefully opens the stall and looks around the bathroom. When she's sure that no one was inside, she gives Xueer's tiny hands a squeeze before they run to the exit.

Mrs. Kong took the advantage when the two men guarding the bank enters inside. They hurriedly ran down the stairs in hopes of reaching the bottom and leaving the place without getting caught.

~~~~~~~~~

Xueer's small legs were getting tired the more they run. And because of that, they're pace became slower.