x47 - Round 3

After Jiaqi's half-court shot, the high school team became more aggressive. They slowly caught up with the score until the only have a three-point gap.

Keni went for shot but it was blocked by the high school's power forward. The opposing team's captain took the ball and went for their hoop. Jiaqi went after him. But when she saw Keran chasing him, she slowed down.

If the showdown a while ago was for the aces, now's the battle of the captains.

Keran blocked his movements by going in front of him. The other captain was fast to think a did a cross over to shake the senior away. But the move went against him.

Keran was able to steal the ball on the first dribble. Seeing the move, Jiaqi smirks.

Everyone tries to stop her, but the college captain was able to pass them with ease. Without anyone blocking her way, Keran goes for the shot. Except the ball was taken from her before she could even jump.

Unfortunately, or not, the high school captain accidentally passed the ball to Linfan, who didn't think twice to make the shot. Making them gain two more points.

"Tsk, idiot."

Jiaqi hears the other ace whisper irritatedly.

"Time out for the high school team!" the commentator announced.

~~~~~~~~~

Jiaqi took a deep breath as she seat on the bench.

"Are you alright?" Xueer asks worriedly. "How's your legs?"

Jiaqi gives her a smile. "I'm fine, don't worry. My legs can still carry me."

She glanced at the other team and saw all of them frowning. She even thought that they were gonna throw punches at each other.

A yawn coming from beside her took her attention away from the other team. Initially, she thought it was one of her friends' girlfriend. But it turned out to be Linfan, and she couldn't help but laugh.

"Keke~~" the silver head called, "Can we stop with the solo play? It's very boring. My mark doesn't do much."

Keni and Yuqing nodded in agreement.

"Then..." Jiaqi puts her arm around her shoulder, "Wanna play with me and take their ace down?"

"Already?" Xiaotang asks. "Save your play for the last quarter to keep the suspense."

Sunrui nodded her head.

Jiaqi thought for a while. Then a mischievous smile went up to her lips.

~~~~~~~~~

"How did Keran agree to that. That duo has never played with just the two of them before." Xiaotang exclaimed to Jiaqi after she was subbed with Linfan.

"That's why they wont be expecting it. And they'll do it in the next quarter anyway. If it goes wrong, we'll just take it back on the last quarter." Jiaqi answers.

"Sometimes, I really wonder what's going on your mind."

The referee blew the whistle to indicate the resume of the game. This time, Linfan and Yuqing were benched.

"You think her plan will work out?" Yuyan asks Shuxin.

"Well..." the brunette starts unsurely and turns to Yuyan. "It's Jiaqi...?" she shrugs.

As soon as it starts, the ball was immediately passed to Jiaqi. This time, the girl decided to play a bit recklessly.

She spins around her opponent and dribbles past him. The high school ace was immediately on her tail. But Xiaotang was already there to block him. No matter what the ace does, he wasn't able to shake her off. In the end, the captain decided to take his job and goes after the bluenette.