x10 - Worry

The next day, the four couples went to campus, all having tired faces. They didn't need to ask each other what was the reason because everyone knows-the competition.

Their mood didn't go unnoticed by the other students.

The usually happy group of friends, quietly made their way to their respective buildings.

The dance majors entered the elevator with a heavy atmosphere. Even Xiaotang who would usually lift up the mood, kept quiet.

She wasn't in the mood. She was still tired from what happened last night. Even if it was only for a short time, she still feels like all her energy was sucked out of her body.

The other three didn't find it weird. Thinking that, just like them, Xiaotang was only just very bothered with the competition.

In contrast to this, Jiaqi and Xueer happily make their way to the campus.

Once again, Xueer was wearing another one of Jiaqi's coats.

The taller made her wear it after seeing her wearing a white spaghetti tank top underneath a white see-through blouse, denim shorts and a black converse.

Jiaqi didn't bother asking her about her choice of clothes and just took off her coat and give it to Xueer before walking to the campus together. She knows no one would dare to touch the younger girl if they see them together, but she didn't want to risk it.

They were talking with each other-Xueer doing the talking and Jiaqi just nodding and shaking her head-as they walk to the campus.

"Oh, I just remembered." Xueer said. "Did you join the competition?"

Upon the mention of the competition, Jiaqi flinched before shaking her head no. And Xueer saw it.

She didn't bother to ask further seeing how the taller's mood suddenly dropped.

But it got her curious.

She knows that Jiaqi's condition has something to do with her previous uni, and now she feels like it also has some connections with competitions.

She tries to recall everything that she heard inside the university that has anything to do with competitions. She searched through her memories until she reached her first year.

She remembers hearing students gossip about their school causing trouble in one competition but she didn't hear what it was.

She looked beside her and stared at Jiaqi, trying to figure out her connection with the trouble that her old uni caused.

When she felt the eyes on her, Jiaqi turned to look at Xueer who was looking curiously at her.

'Don't try to figure it out. Cause I know they're the same reason behind your cuts.' Jiaqi thought.

She stopped walking, making Xueer do the same, and give the noirette a warm smile. She took her hand on hers and placed a long kiss on it while keeping her eyes on the younger dancer.

Xueer felt her heart hammering in her chest with the action. She tightly grips the taller's coat (that she was wearing) and clenched her jaw as she tries her hardest to not let out a scream.

Once the back of her hand left Jiaqi's soft lips, the taller intertwines their fingers and continued walking.

Xueer follows her steps while keeping her eyes on their intertwined.

She blinked back the tears on her eyes and tries to keep her composure, despite the wild beating of her heart.

'Why am I feeling so emotional? I think I'm gonna cry.' She thought.