x38 - New Problem

"You.....you really love each other, don't you?" the noirette says as Jiaqi finished her story.

"Loved, snowflake. Not love. Past tense." Jiaqi corrected.

Xueer knows that she should be understanding of the situation. But her girlfriend literally just told her that she kissed another girl and jealousy got the best of her.

Without rethinking about her actions, Xueer grabbed Jiaqi’s collar and pulled her in for a kiss. The latter was taken aback but nonetheless, kisses her back.

"What was that for?"

Jiaqi asks her, after they parted for air.

"You're mine," Xueer possesively says, "And I don't like sharing."

Jiaqi would've laughed if it wasn't for that tiny bit of conflicted look on the younger's eyes.

She pulled Xueer on top of her and proceeded to sit up on the bed, making the younger girl straddle her. She cups the girl's face on her hands and gently strokes the side as she says,

"Then, it's a good thing I don't like being shared."

Xueer slowly smiled and hooks her arms around the taller's neck as she leans closer.

"Guess we're meant to be, then." she whispers.

"Hm. Definitely."

Jiaqi closes the gap between them and makes sure that Xueer will forget about all the doubts that she had earlier.

And since the night is still young (and they were home alone the whole time), the rest of the day was spent with them either making out, watching a movie, or making out while a movie plays in the background.

~~~~~~~~~

Everyone was expecting the day to go as how it usually does. But guess what? The universe has something different planned for them.

It happened when the gang was playing around the grass field during their recess. Keyin and Yuyan were chasing each other, as usual. Linfan and Keran were having a talk about how much they miss basketball, Keni, Lingzi, Yanni and Yuge about their modeling gigs, while Xiaotang, Sunrui, Xinran, Yuzhuo, Ruohang and Xinwen plays among their selves.

Theia and Chengxuan still have classes so now, she's stuck with Yuqing after Shuxin took her girlfriend away from her.

All of them were minding their own businesses when the campus gates, that usually stays closed during those time, suddenly opens and welcomes two cars. One that gives familiarity while the other doesn't.

Jiaqi's curious eyes remained on the unfamiliar car even after two more of her cousins exited the other car.

"You're still here?" Yuqing questions Yiyang and Kun after they walked towards them.

The girl gave her a playfully offended look which made Yuqing add, "...genuinely asking," to the question.

"I suddenly became an exchange student." Yiyang shrugs.

"And I asked grandma to tell the academy that I'll be staying here for a while." Kun says, "but I still need to do my tasks."

"Do you know who's in there?" Jiaqi cuts their conversation.

Yiyang and Kun looked at where she's looking before they answered.

"Nope," the boy replied. "I was gonna ask you about that too."

They watched as a tall girl with long brown hair elegantly exits the car. They couldn't see the face as the girl walks straight inside their building, but something about the strong punch of familiarity left a bad taste to all four of them. Especially Jiaqi.