x57 - After the Fall

Xueer exits her car with a small bouquet of flowers in hand. She walks inside the cemetery until she has reached the tombstone that she came for. She bends down to place the small bouquet before moving back and staring at the name engraved on the stone.

"Hey..." she quietly muttered. "How are you up there...? I hope you're doing fine..." A sad smile rises up from her lips. "I'm doing fine too....Well....Kind of..."

She crouches down and traces the name in the grave stone as a lone tear escapes her eyes. She quickly wipes it away and takes a deep breath to control her emotions.

"I miss you..."

She looks at the tombstone one last time before standing up and leaving for her next destination.

As she arrives, the people who have became familiar with her, sends a smile on her way. Xueer returns the smile to each of them until she has reached the elevator. She fiddles with the hem of her shirt and nervously exhales as she waits for the lift to reach her floor.

When the elevator doors opened, the girl takes shaky steps until she has reached the very familiar door. Before she could reach for the handle, the door opens to reveal a person that she has gotten acquainted with, about to exit the room. She was surprised to see Xueer while the latter was confused to see her.

"Did something happen...?" Xueer nervously asks.

She moved aside and Xueer saw more people huddled in the room. Her heart starts to beat erratically upon recognizing them. When the older woman sees her hands shaking, she grabs it and pulls her back to reality.

"Hey, it's fine."

Xueer nods her head and takes slow steps inside the room. The people inside made way for her once they saw her. The moment Xueer saw the subject of their interest, all the noise disappeared from her ears as tears immediately made themselves visible.

"...Xu Jiaqi....."

As soon as the barely audible whisper reaches her ears, the girl tore her gaze form the window and slowly faces her caller. Her dull eyes were suddenly filled with emotions as her eyes widens upon seeing the woman in front of her.

The doctors observingly watches Xueer make her way towards the girl and takes a seat on her bed.

A teary chuckle went past her lips as she brings a hand up to cup the side of the girl's face. When her hand made contact with the skin of her face, Jiaqi's tears fell one by one. Seeing her cry, the tears that's been welling in Xueer's eyes also overflowed.

The hand that was previously resting on the side of her face, traveled to her nape and gently pulled her in her embrace.

One by one, the doctors take their leave to give the couple their much needed private time together.

~~~~~~~~~

When all their tears have dried up and their emotions have a stabled, a doctor comes in to examine the patient. Unlike when she just woke up, the doctor was able to gather information with the help of Xueer.

When asked about her condition, Jiaqi said she didn't feel any particular pain. But she said that she was feeling extremely exhausted. Upon hearing this, the doctor told her to either eat a proper meal or try to get a real sleep. Jiaqi chose to eat a meal prompting the doctor to leave and ask one of the nurses to deliver her a suitable meal.