x34 - Cousin Time

Arriving in Jiaqi's mansion, or more known as everyone's favorite hang out place, everyone--especially the two who are supposed to be grounded--excitedly went out of the car and into the huge mansion.

As soon as they entered, the girls and Youshuo were met with a dark room and the loud volume of a playing movie.

"Couldn't he just jumped?" the girls heard a male voice coming from the living room.

"Who's gonna pilot the ship?" Now, a female voice replied back.

There was long a pause between the conversation before the same male voice answered back.

"Then jump...five seconds?...before the explosion...?"

"Isn't that a bit too risky?" a different female voice asked. "I mean, he might get caught up with the explosion if he only has five seconds interval."

Another long pause before the male voice answered back.

"Then, one minute before the explosion?"

The new arrived people shared a confused look.

"I thought there's only two of them?" Yiyang whispered to Youshuo, who shrugged in return.

As they walked closer, the six of them slowly make out the figures of the people who invaded the mansion.

"Xuanxuan?" Jiaqi questions.

The woman in question turned around and beamed after seeing who called her.

"Jiejie!"

The younger girl rushed to Jiaqi and hugged her by the waist. Though confused, Jiaqi also returned the hug--even stroking her by the hair.

"What's the occasion?" Xinran asked, plopping herself beside the siblings and snuggling close to Zhuoyi.

"Family time," Youshuo proudly answers.

The younger ones--namely Song Xinran, Xuyang Yuzhou, Xu Yiyang and even Cai Xukun who knew about his plan--looked at him judgingly.

When Youshuo saw this, he returned it with a dull stare.

"One of you hasn't returned in this country for three years. The other one has been avoiding everyone for, also, three years. And the sibling's are mostly abroad. It's been freaking three years since we're all gather together. Aren't you happy?" he asks, trying to touch the soft parts of their hearts.

Though his pretty sure it wouldn't work because, although all of them are close, all of them also has strong sarcastic personalities.

When he didn't receive a reply, Youshuo threw his hands in the air and looked at them one by one.

"You know what, I give up. Just continue what you're watching."

The four children broke out in a grin after their successful attempt of "frustrating" their eldest.

Chengxuan and Jiaqi, who are still hugging each other, broke away to sit on the sofa when Youshuo stopped the taller.

"Young lady, take a bath first. We also need to change your bandages."

Jiaqi, being the obedient child that she is (most of the time), immediately followed her cousin's instructions and went up to her room the take a bath.

~~~~~~~~~

"So Yiyang," Xinwen started, after Jiaqi and Youshuo came back after re-dressing her wounds. "I've been meaning to ask. What happened to your ring?"

The question caught the woman off guard.

All of them received a ring from their grandfather when they were younger. He said that it was for their protection, since he engraved a special mark on each of their rings that symbolizes in them being part of the Xu family.