x18 - Split?

"I'll wait for you at the same place, okay?" Jiaqi told Xueer.

"Won't you get bored?" Xueer asks.

"I survived yesterday, don't worry about it. I won't let you walk alone in the streets in the middle of the night." she said.

"I could ask Xin to drop me off." Xueer replied.

"Do you hate my company that much?" Jiaqi asks her with a pout.

"No! Of course not. I just don't want you to get bored while waiting." Xueer explained.

"I've been doing this for three years. I won't get bored over a few hours." Jiaqi assured the younger. Xueer nodded in response as they continue to walk to the practice rooms.

When they reached the floor, Jiaqi gave Xueer's stuff to her. "Go on. You might get late again."

Xueer decided to be playful again so she started to walk away while her hands are still holding Jiaqi’s.

"You have to let go y'know." Jiaqi said.

"There's still a long way before we reach the room." Xueer said. "And you're also not letting go." she added with a smile.

Catching up to what the younger's doing, Jiaqi tightened her hold on her hand. "You have let go first." she said.

Xueer also tightened her grip on Jiaqi's hand before saying, "You let go first."

"You first."

"No, you first."

"You'll be late if you don't let go."

"Then you should let go too."

"I did. You're the who's not letting go."

"You just tightened your grip. You have to let go."

"Let's both let go one the same time, okay." Jiaqi said.

"1,"

"2,"

"3!"

Instead of letting go, both of their hands stayed glued to each other.

"I thought you said to let go at the same time." Xueer laughed.

"Well, you also didn't let go." Jiaqi laughed back.

Yuqing who has been watching them, looked at them with disgust.

Deciding that she couldn't handle seeing them anymore, Yuqing walked towards them to put an end on their "argument". She stands in the middle and used her arms to separate the two of them.

"You disgusting people." she remarked.

Xueer was surprised with the new companion.

"You just wish you have someone to do this with." Jiaqi preparedly said back.

"Oh please, I'm perfectly fine being single." Yuqing retorted.

"Yeah sure." she placed her hand in her chin in a thinking manner, "Oh right! Weren't you the one who cried to me about being lonely and not having a girlfriend during high school?" Jiaqi asked innocently.

"What the hell!?" Yuqing shouted. "That was years ago. How the do you remember that!?"

"I also have a video. You wanna see." Jiaqi took out her phone and started scrolling through her videos with a silly grin plastered on her face.

"You- XU JIAQI YOU BETTER DELETE THAT!"

Yuqing tried to snatch the older's phone away, but because of her fast reflexes, Yuqing failed.