x53 - Drunk

Jiaqi jolts up awake in cold sweats and heavy breathing. She tightly grips the hotel bed's white sheets as she stares at nothing in the darkness.

A minute later, light peeks from the outside as the door opens to welcome the girlfriend. Her eyes immediately landed on the distressed woman sitting on the bed. She closes the door and sits beside her, pulling the older close.

Jiaqi's hand left the sheets and encircles it around the younger's waist, gripping her shirt.

"I'm here, I'm here." Xueer chants.

A sob rocks the bluenette's body soon after. Xueer tightens her hold around her while she strokes the girl's short blue hair with the other.

Jiaqi tightly and fearfully hold onto Xueer's body like her life depended on it. Her cries gets louder and harder as each minute passes. It was almost as painful as when she first slept on the taller's house.

Xueer kisses her temple and continues to stroke her hair until she finally calms down.

Jiaqi's head tiredly rests on Xueer's chest as she catches her breath after all the crying while Xueer brushes her hair with her fingers in silence.

She doesn't question what happened to the older. She just let her cry until her tears dried up.

~~~~~~~~~

"CHEERS!"

Somehow, they were able to sneak in six  bottles of alcohol without getting caught. They were now in their third bottle and has sent Theia back on the other hotel room after finishing a bottle with Xinran and Ruohang.

Yanni and Yuqing decided to be responsible adults and sit out on the drinks. Xueer and Yuge only had two to three shots before they stopped so they could still help Yanni and Yuqing in taking care of the drunk people.

Among the active drinkers were the five seniors. Jiaqi, despite being a lightweight, actually managed to hold her alcohol and was going head to head with Keran and Xiaotang.

Yanni and Yuqing has already escorted Keni and Lingzi in their shared room before they could start dancing around and making it a full blown party.

"Should I be worried?" Xueer whispers to Yanni as she keeps her eyes on her girlfriend.

Yanni watches Jiaqi laughing at literally nothing before turning to Xueer.

"She's...." she starts, uncertainly. "I mean, I've seen worst...?" she shrugs.

"Just let them have it till they pass out," Yuqing interject. "Let them forget about the reality, even if it's just for this time. They need it the most."

They kept their eyes on the remaining drinkers and sends them in their rooms one by one, depending on how drunk they look.

Yanni took Xinran to their room when the girl hiccupped once. Yuqing took Ruohang back right after. Yuxin and Anqi voluntarily stops and goes back in their own accord, leaving only Jiaqi, Keran and Xiaotang with Xueer and Yuge watching them.

When Keran looked like she's about to throw up, Yuge immediately went to the rescue and drags her to the bathroom. Xiaotang was already fast asleep on the floor but Jiaqi was still drinking.

When Yuge came back, after sending Keran to bed, she helped Xueer to take Xiaotang in her shared room with Keran. Even when they finished tucking Xiaotang in, Jiaqi was still drinking.

She told Yuge to go back to the other hotel room and leave Jiaqi to her when she sees the girl yawn. Yuge nods obediently and goes back like what Xueer said.