Chapter - 9 | The Result

Start from the beginning

She sat there numb unable to process what she just saw. It was as if she was teleported into a whole new world. Her face was expressionless, lost somewhere in deep thoughts. A thin layer of tears formed in her eyes and her trance broke when Mimi kept her palm on one of her cheeks.

"Kya hua mumma ?..."

The tear drop fell down and she looked at Mimi and then again focused on her screen. Unable to believe what she just saw, she refreshed the page and refilled her credentials but the same rank card appeared in front of her. She was skeptical. 

Going back to college website, she clicked on "MERIT LIST FOR SIEST CET". A table showed up on the screen and this time a smile crept on her face on seeing it. Her eyes glistened with tears... tears of happiness, tears of contentment, tears for living up to her own expectations. 

"Mimiiiiiiiii !!!", Anokhi ecstatically scooped her in her arms and twirled in air.

"Mi... Mimi... ye... ye dekho princess... mumma ka naam likha hai dekho... "

She was stammering while speaking as she was laughing and crying at the same time, experiencing a mixed emotion.

Mimi watched the screen intently but was unable to comprehend anything.

"Yeh kya hai mumma ?..."

"Mimi

"Mimi... ye ... ye dekho yaha... jha 1 likha hai... dekho... sabse upar mera naam hai... iska matlab ye hai ki mumma... mumma first aayi hai Mimi !!!..."

Mimi's eyes twinkled with joy and she said, "Sachchi mumma ?..."

"Muchchi princess...", she hugged her in joy.

"Yayyyyyyyyyyy... meli mumma fichht (first) aayi, meli mumma ka naam sabchhe oopal likha hai... yayyyyyy ... meli mumma bechht hai... Mumma maine kaha tha na aapko aap hi fichht aaoge...", Mimi jumped and danced in joy of her mumma's success.

Infinite emotions was going on inside her seeing her name on the topmost row. That feeling was indescribable.  

Anokhi hugged her little girl tightly and placed numerous kisses on her face.

"Haan Mimi... mumma first aayi hai... aapki baat sach ho gayi beta. Mumma ki taraf se aapko bohot bohot bada thank you... aapke bina mumma aisa nhi kar paati. Aapki wish ki vajeh se main... main us din apna paper bina kisi tension ke bejhijhak de paayi thi. Thank you princess... thank you... thank you... thank you... so... so... sooooo much", Anokhi said with great elation in her heart and placed a long smooching kiss on Mimi's forehead pouring all her love.

"Belcome mummmaaaaa...", Mimi said by giving a tight hug in return.

Anokhi stood up and paced across the room in excitement and laughed at her own actions. At first, when she saw her rank card, she wasn't able to believe that she had got rank 1. It was something unexpectable. Therefore, she had refreshed the page again thinking it to be website's fault... how crazy is this girl !!!