Chapter - 6 | Angels Crèche

Start from the beginning

Mimi kept looking at her for a while. Her silence hurted Anokhi more. It intensified her guilt. But what Mimi said next left her awestruck.

She softly cupped her mumma's face, wiped her tears with her soft palms and said, "Theek hai mumma... aap c-o-l-l-e-g-e mein achche chhe palna ... main aapko mishh kalungi (miss karungi)... aap mujhe jaldi lene aaoge na mumma ?"

Anokhi was speechless. She just kept staring at her listening her response. That little baby girl was asking her to concentrate on her studies despite the fact that she couldn't stay away from her mumma for long. All these days, she was anxious about how she would tell Mimi about this, what would be her reaction after hearing this, would she start hating her mumma for leaving her alone in a new place. Anokhi herself didn't want to do this but she had no other options.

In no time, Mimi was in Anokhi's embrace and she bestowed soft kisses all over her dear daughter's face.

"I am sorry Mimi... I am very sorry...mumma ko maaf kar do beta... main... main aapko apne saath zaroor le jaati par... par vo ek college haina... isliye vha sirf teacher aur student hi jaa skte hai. Mumma bohot buri hai haina, aapko akela chodke vo college chale jayegi... I am sorry meri bachchi... please mujhe...", Anokhi said crying.

"Nhi mumma... aap bechht mumma ho... meri pyaali Rashgulla mumma ho", Mimi said kissing her mother's forehead.

Anokhi was touched by this gesture. This was truly heart-warming for her. Her heavy heart was now finally relieved to some extent. She planted a kiss on her face and said, "Aapko pta hai Mimi, vha aapko bohot maza aayega... aap vha akele nhi honge... vha aapke jaise aur bhi bohot saare bachche honge... aap naye dost bana sakte ho... unke saath khel sakte ho... jaise humare college mein teacher hume padhate haina vaise hi vha aapko aapke Nanny stories sunaayenge."

Mimi's face lightened up and she said, "Sachchi mumma ?"

"Muchchi", Anokhi replied.

"Mimi... mumma aapko pkka promise karti hai ki jaise hi college se chutti ho jayegi vaise hi mumma aapko jaldi se lene aa jayegi. Uske baad ghar aakar mumma aapke saath khoob maze karengi. Par tab tak aap mera intezaar karoge na? Aap roge to nhi... kyunki Mimi good girl haina", Anokhi said caressing her face.

"Okkkay mumma... Mimi bhi pinky plomish kalti hai ki vo nhi loyegi ", Mimi said locking her little finger with that of her mother's.

"Meri pyaari bachchi...", Anokhi said brushing her nose against hers.

After the emotional conversation, Anokhi felt as if a huge stone had been removed over her heart. She felt light-hearted after talking to Mimi about that.

The day just passed by. 

As usual, Anokhi put Mimi to sleep after dinner.

Anokhi looked at the clock and it was 9:20. 

"Yaha aane ke baad se to laptop kholne ka mauka hi nhi mila... abhi zyaada der bhi nhi hui hai... main kaam kar leti hu apna...", Anokhi said to herself while sitting on the chair, opening the laptop.

She turned on the laptop, logged in the password and as soon as the desktop screen appeared, the wallpaper brought a smile to her lips.