Chapter - 5 | Important Task

Start from the beginning

Anokhi was on her way back from the IMPORTANT TASK but she seemed lost somewhere. She was tensed and depressed regarding something. 

"Mumma... vo dekho palk (park)...", Mimi pulled Anokhi's hand and said.

Anokhi looked at that direction and she saw a children's park. The board near the entrance of the park read Vatika Children's Park. She took Mimi there.

"Mumma... mumma jhoola", Mimi said pointing towards a swing.

"Mimi aap abhi chhote ho... aap gir jaoge to chot lag jaayegi beta", Anokhi said concerned.

"Mumma peeshh (please) ek baar jhoolna hai", Mimi requested with puppy eyes.

Anokhi couldn't deny anymore seeing her puppy eyes, so she gently lifted her and made her sit on the swing and started slowly pushing it in motion.

Mimi was enjoying it.

"Mumma... aap bhi aao na mele chhaath ", Mimi said.

"Nahi Mimi... main kaise aau... ye jhoola bachcho ke liye hai... achcha chalo ab ghar chale?", Anokhi said.

"Mumma agli baal aap bhi mele chhaath jhoologe peeshh", Mimi said.

"Achcha meri Gulab-jamun... ab chale?", Anokhi smiled and said.

"Okkkay mummmaaa", Mimi elatedly said.

Anokhi was about to go from behind to get Mimi down from the swing but before that Mimi tried to get down and while doing so she fell and her knee brushed against a hard rock.

"Mimiiiiiii !... ", Anokhi shrieked.

"Ahhh... mumma...", Mimi cried out.

Anokhi's eyes welled up on seeing Mimi's bleeding bruised knee.

"Mumma... mumma bohot dald ho laha hai ", Mimi howled in pain.

Anokhi immediately lifted her in her arms and taking her dupatta, she tore a small piece of cloth from one end and tied it around her knee.

"Mimi... Mimi beta mumma hai, kuch nhi hoga aapko... idhar dekho meri taraf...", Anokhi said pacifying her.

Mimi looked at her with moist eyes that ached Anokhi's heart. 

Anokhi hurriedly went home without wasting anymore time.