Chapter 45: Leo's inspection

I walked over to where Talia was putting in her books into her locker, she kept cursing under her breath and zipped up her bag, something was wrong for Talia to be this upset in the morning.

"Hi" I said slowly

"Hi" Talia said without even looking at me.

"What's...up?" I asked hesitantly, then she shut the locker door as hard as she could and looked at me, "Leo?" I asked, she nodded.

"I don't know what's with him, he doesn't reply to my texts and when we're at school, I notice him going earlier to class so that I can't talk to him, last time we talked, he said he doesn't even want to go to the Halloween dance because he's got to study for some test!" Talia blurted getting louder and louder, the teacher looked at us with a unhappy expression and I mouthed an apology.

"Well... maybe he's just busy, I mean this is the second last year of school" I tried reasoning with her, Leo wasn't the kind to ignore his girlfriend, he was always kind and treated Talia with respect and love, I'm sure he had a good reason to be so busy.

"Okay fine, but not going to the Halloween dance when I've been talking about my costume for over a month?!" She said panicking. 

Now she had a point, Talia was going cray-cray over Halloween, because she loved watching movies, having a sugar rush and dressing up. So for Leo to just come at her and dump the whole idea of even going... it wasn't fair. What if he's... I saw the how he was checking out Cassie in the pool, on the trip, but then again I wasn't sure. But, if he's doing anything that he knowns he shouldn't be doing... well I'll call Chloe to warm up for some karate practice and I'll experiment as well. If the guy is doing what I think he's doing... HE IS DEAD! 

"Well you're right, he can't avoid you like that, I mean you're his girlfriend!" I said, I had to keep an eye on him.

"Don't worry T" I said and hugged her, she hugged me back.

**********

"Oh he's so getting it" Chloe said rubbing her hands together

"Chloe, I said he's avoiding her, we don't know for sure" I said reminding her, she shoved her hands in her pockets still looking like a character from a movie looking for revenge.

"Well guys if Leo is cheating... we should at least tell Talia we think he is" Vanessa said, Chloe nodded with a worried look.

"You're right, bu-" I said

"Leo" Chloe cut me out trying to act normal, I turned around and saw he was close enough to hear us, I crossed my fingers hoping he heard nothing. 

"Hey Ashley, Chloe Vanessa" Leo said looking at each one of us turn by turn "So what were you guys whispering about?" Leo asked with a questioning face.

"Uh...um- stuff" Vanessa sputtered out 

"Costumes!...for the Halloween dance" Chloe said quickly, he nodded.

"So are you going, to the dance?" I asked

"Uh, no" He said, I was about to say something but he said "Listen, I gotta go, you know to class" He said walking away, I glanced at Vanessa and Chloe and they weren't happy.

"Yeah sure" I said without a smile, he walked away into a classroom, I crossed my arms over my chest, then he came out of the class room and ran towards us.

"Um so actually the reason I can't go to the Halloween dance is because I was planning a surprise- you know for Talia's birthday, it's like the day after Halloween so I thought I'd surprise her, but it's too much work for me to do alone, so I don't have time to go to the dance." He said quickly.

Chloe looked relieved and I was too, "You know she'd rather, you go to the dance with her and just take her on a dinner tomorrow" Vanessa said not buying it.

"That's what I thought...but I want it to be special- I'm making dinner at home, my parents have to go to Canada tomorrow anyways" He said

"Okay, so that doesn't take that long" Chloe said

"It does, I have to get red candles and those red LED lights, and Talia loves food that takes a lot of time" He said.

"Ok what do you need our help in?" Vanessa said.

"How about this, send us a list of things we have to buy, so you just have to focus on the cooking part, this way you can go to the dance" I said

"Um...ok sure-yeah" He said sounding nervous then he waved before going off to class.

"Honestly, it's so cute how he's making it special for her" Vanessa squealed, Chloe giggling putting an arm around me.

"Leo's approved" She said and we all walked to class.

Okay this one is short but... I'm writing another one today!

 I'm writing another one today!