Chapter 4: Awkward Rejections

Eeeeeh I couldn't contain myself from writing 

Every girl started fixing her hair or applying makeup. Did we have a new guy in school? Last time that happened Cassie went nuts over him and kept flirting with him it was gross.

When the guy finally entered it none other than the guy known for being the prankster last year. Bryan Millers. That Bryan who most girls thought was the class clown now had every girl checking the mirror twice. But I couldn't blame them he'd changed a lot, something I keep saying, he looked really... no I don't know what I was thinking this person has annoyed and ruined my life for so long and just because he had muscles, and a good smile now, I wasn't going to fall for him. God, Ashley you really are going crazy because of waking up so early.

So instead of looking at how he was walking through the hallway and Cassie go up to him and wink at him or something, I looked for Talia, was still talking to Matt. 

Talia was a brunette with glowing snow shite skin and long legs, she was wearing a floral skirt and her favorite with top with simple embroidery done by white thread on it. She had hazel eyes and she was always smiling. When she first came to this school she was timid and shy, but after getting bullied by Cassie for a year, she learnt how to stand up for herself and I loved how she'd put Cassie in her place every time Cassie tried messing with her.

As their conversation finished she glanced at me and ran to me. She was squealing. "Eeeeeeeh Ashley you won't believe what just happened! Matt asked me out on a date to Minnie's Golf!" I squealed as well "That's awesome, I knew he would, I'm so happy for you" I hugged her, Talia used to sulk on not being good enough because of Cassie repeating it to her, and now she'd got asked by the one person she was interested in. They knew each other since since Talia was in the mini golf club at Minnie's and Matt had joined it last year so I was hoping something would happen.

"Now that, I'm fully awake and what did you have to tell me that was so important you had to wake me up from my peaceful sleep?" She asked hands on her hips.

I crossed my arms and told her, in what a crisis she left me in and all she said after listening to me telling her how he ruined my sleep and how I had to come to school everyday with him she said "Bryan still, the same huh, it's just that now he looks..." her eyes trailed off to look at him "Smoking hot" she said in a daze. I shook her back to her senses "Talia first of all you just got asked out by Matt, and second of all it doesn't matter if he's gained a few muscles.

Talia looked at me confused " I'm not saying he's as good as Matt, but I'm not gonna lie he looks really good, how did this happen in three months" Talia quickly glanced at Bryan then back at me "speaking about glow ups, how did you change in three months, you look freaking hot too! not that you weren't hot before, but damn you look amazing" I rolled my eyes " Thank you, but you going from one topic to another." I complained

"So what do you want me to do?" Talia asked checking her watch, we had twenty more minutes before third period.

"Help me get back at Bryan"

"I'm down, but how?"

*****

I told Talia to come to my house on Thursday so I could get back at Bryan. If she came over today or tomorrow he'd know something was up. 

Why get back at Bryan and not let it roll off my back? Well because it's been a while since I've done something like this. Plus I get bored at home so might as well do something fun!

******

Classes went by really quickly today. Every teacher wanted to get to know us so there wasn't anything we learnt except for learning what we're going to learn this year. The only thing that caught my eye was, Cassie flirting with Bryan in Geography. Geography was one of the four lessons I had with Cassie's class combined with my class. Bryan and I were in the same class this year and it was gross looking at how all the girls were flirting with him. 

I didn't do much, but sit quietly in all the lessons, except for Math. Parker was sitting next to me and kept asking random questions about summer. He used to date Cassie last year, but then broke up with her because of how she treated him. The only reason she was with him was because his parents had a private jet, that Cassie would use to have parties in. Everyone knew that was the only reason she was with him, except for him. 

Parker talked about his summer than asked about mine.  When class finished I was going to my to my next class when Parker asked me "Hey, um Ashley do you want to go watch a movie this weekend or something" He kept looking down at his shoes while talking

Was Parker asking me on a date?  I didn't want to say yes because I wasn't interested in dating right now, not that Parker wasn't nice or anything, And Anyways why's he suddenly out of the blue asking me out? He was really good looking and a lot of girls had crushes on him, so why not ask them. I barely knew the guy.

"Ashley" Parker said nervously laughing pulling me out of my thoughts.

I looked behind me hoping to see Talia running my way and save me from this awkward situation, but no luck. Parker was looking at me waiting for an answer.

"You're asking me out?" I asked stupidly, Ugh thank you Ashley for stating the obvious. Parker was about to say something when Bryan came out of no where. "What?! You're asking her on a date" He said sarcastically shocked. I glared at Bryan which made him laugh and cross his arms over his chest.

"I'm sorry buddy, but she's busy this week, maybe you can ask Tasha" And exactly then I noticed Tasha looking at Parker. I guess she liked him and overheard our conversation. "There's a reason why she's glaring at Ashley" Bryan said proving his point. Parker ignored Bryan and looked at me "See you later, Ashley" he said leaving.

Bryan stood in front of me still crossing his arms over his chest. I tried walking to my next lesson, but he blocked me. "What" I asked annoyed standing still now. "Bryan we've got to get to our classes move" 

"Yeah, I know I'm just waiting for a thank you" he said

"A thank you? for jumping in my conversation with Parker?" 

"Well, he was asking you on a date, and I saved you from rejecting him and making the whole thing complicated" He said looking behind me. He was right, I didn't know how I'd reject him politely. 

"Okay, fine thank you" I sighed, I'd be late to class in a minute, the hallway was getting emptier by the second.

He moved to the side and leaned against a locker. I was leaving when he said "You know, you've changed a lot this summer" I turned around and looked at him. "Or maybe I just never noticed before" He said looking up at the ceiling. 

"Says the person who's suddenly got girls drooling over him" I said before walking again

"Well guys are asking you out and talking about you" I heard him say, that made me blush a little but I ignored it going in my class.

Bryan just saved Ashley from an awkward moment. But what he says after shocks her. Guess he's not the only one who had and extreme glow up :)

#summerglowups

BTW are you guys interested in seeing Bryan's pov?