Chapter 26: Erase it away

"I'm home" I called out to Mom when I got back from the mall. I went to Izzy's room, "Hi Iz, you're finally not scared dad, mom, or me will embarrass you!" I said putting the box with Izzy's sandals on her dresser.

"No, I'll never do a sleepover you guys are too embarassing...well Mom and Dad willl definitely do something, last time in fourth grade Dad got the kitchen on fire, just because he was trying to show off, and me and my friends' ears were broken after litsening to his jokes" She snorted.

"Rude...they love you, and this is what you do" I said

"Well, I just don't want to be made fun of at school, and besides no one will come accept for Ivy, since mom doesn't allow us to have boys over" She complained, I rolled my eyes in delight. She noticed the box and got up to check what sandals I got. "Nice choice" she said

"Thank you" I said and was heading upstairs.

"What did you get?" She asked

"A dress" I said

"Can I see?" She asked getting excited, "Tomorrow!" I sang and went out the door to find Mom.

"Mom you have to stop making emergencies up and calling me to get home fast" I said when I saw her sitting on the sofa reading. Mom was a huge book worm, and the little bit of books I liked reading was all from her.

"Well I just don't want you doing anything you shouldn't. Plus get your sister more social, all she does is hang out with Ivy." Mom said, I sat beside her.

"She's got more friends, just none of them can come home" I said under my breath

"Why not?" Mom asked, I looked up and she had heard me. 

"Because the girls won't come home, cause they think it's boring without the guys, and you don't allow any boys" I said, Mom looked like she actually understood and was lightly nodding her head.

"I hate this phase of your lives. You're getting used to the boys, making out, getting drunk, and havin-" She was about to say, but I quickly stopped her.

"Mom I get it!" I said, mom put her hand on her mouth laughing a little.

"Alright, I guess you can be allowed to have guys over, but Izzy...I'll have to talk to your dad and we'll decide some boundaries." She said. I nodded, then I remembered it was Talia's birthday in a couple weeks. October was always a really festive time of the year. Halloween, Talia's birthday, and Aunt Clarice's birthday. We would eat a lot of cake and candies. Now this year we were going on a trip with Leo and Talia as well! It was going to awesome.

"Ok, well my boss and his family will be here tomorrow at 11 so be ready" Mom said

"Wait wasn't it just your boss, he has a family?" I asked surprised

"Yes he does, he has a son around you age, and his wife and I are business partners. So we very close, behave understand!" Shed warned

"Why, what did I do" I asked innocently

"You start fighting with Bryan" She said

"But he won't even be there" I said

"He might,  Clarice needs to go to the airport to drop off Jordan, and she doesn't trust him alone in the house, while Ben's at a sleepover. So he might join us" Mom said, I sighed.

********

"Talia I have to tell you something really big" I said. I was done with my homework and Talia came by for dinner. She had told me about the trip, but my mind was on what had happened today.

"Yeah I know, you seem distracted, what's happening?" She said slurping a noodle. Mom and dad had eaten and Izzy was having dinner at Ben's. Jack was asleep, so Talia and I were sitting in the kitchen eating sushi and noodles.

I started telling her about the bet and not being able to find a dress, leaving the whole saliva thing out of it. I told her how he got a dress, and told her I'd show it to her when we went upstairs. How he didn't smile, or comment, but was in a daze. How he said those words in the most hottest way anyone could 'you're going to hate me more after this'.

"So then he just kissed me, and I kissed him back" I said looking down at my feet.

"Stop please stop, I'm going to have a panic attack" She said, fanning her face with her hands, I rolled my eyes. "Damn Bryan is so much hotter than I thought" She said. Then I told her about the stupid guy who was so annoying. 'I don't know if he was hot, but I hate him' she said.

**********

After eating we went upstairs and I showed her the dress. "I wish Leo and I had such a good first kiss" She said sighing.

"It wasn't that great" I said under my breath loud enough for her to hear, she put her hands on her hips.

"Don't be ungrateful, you guys were in a changing, in private, and you had to try and control yourselves" She said "I on the other hand... was sitting in the corner, annoyed with Matt and Leo just came and asked if I wanted to dance, then we started making out" She said. "No intensity or urge, just direct kissing" She said plainly. 

"So, you like him?" I asked, dipping my sushi in soy sauce.

"Well, of course, he's really kind. I didn't expect to be with him, but Matt's a child. Leo actually cares about my feelings." She said.

"That reminds me, why does the trip have to be in October can't it be like earlier or later." I asked

"Yeah that's what I said to Leo and he said we could decide later" Talia said. We talked for hours laughing and watched a movie. She had to go home, so I hugged her bye and went upstairs to read my book, and sleep.

******

I was on chapter 45 when there was a knock on the window, at first I didn't notice who it was, but then I saw it was Bryan. I got up and opened the door. 

"Is mom here?" He asked.

"No mom is working late today. Why?"

"Nothing, night" He said winking and then he went to the terrace and jumped back to his side. I just stood there confused. I closed the window and went back to read. I needed to calm down, my brain was going crazy lately. I set the alarm on my phone for 6:00 just before the sunrise spread fully, I'd have to do some meditation or yoga, tomorrow.

Bryan hadn't talked about the kiss and I don't think I'd know what to say, so I guess I'd have to erase that memory from my head. People kiss all the time doesn't mean something special. Right? Convincing my stupid brain was going to be harder than I thought.

You guys aren't commenting, I'm not sure why. But don't be shy I would love to know if you're liking the book so far, or want something juicy..anything. So start commenting!

Love y'all

vanilla_pages_