Chapter 18: Relax

Hey guys! Sorry I wasn't able to upload anything the last couple days, I had a mild fever, but I'm all good now so here you go!

I woke up the next day forgetting all about the crowded thoughts I had last night.

Dad had took Izzy and Jack to the aquarium, so that left me and mom at home.

I took my last sip of coffee when mom entered the kitchen wearing leggings and a sweat- shirt (the one that's made for making you sweat) and held a helmet in her hand, she was smiling. I raised my eye brow.

"We're going to the new bike park that opened last month!" Mom said

"What, but shouldn't we go another day, when Izzy can come too...she wanted to go for a while" I said, I loved spending the day with my mom, but I was exhausted today. I looked up at the ceiling leaning back in my seat.

"Hmm, you're tired so how about..." she said tapping her chin "Ooh! Spaaa day" she said. I liked that idea, a nice relaxing day at the spa was so much better than a sweaty day biking, especially today.

******
We went to a spa Vanessa told me, had the best face masks and nail art. It was a one hour drive and mom put on spice girls music all the way there. We jammed pretty hard and then mom didn't even notice that people were staring when we stopped in traffic.

****
When we got there I chose a mud bath for us and mom decided we both needed a fresh pedicure and manicure.

****
The steamy mud bath was amazing and we didn't talk which was fine with me.

We were having our pedicures now and mom was choosing a nail design she wanted. She pointed to a embre design and the lady nodded wiping a wet towel on her foot.

Mom leaned back and looked over at me "what design are you getting Ashley?" Mom asked

I picked up a vibrant light purple and showed her, she gave me a thumbs up.

"You've always liked purple" mom said

"And you've always loved yellow" I said

"Can you blame me, it's so bright and brings light to any room or picture" she laughed "it stand for happiness and positivity" she said.

"What does purple stand for?" I asked looking at the nail designs

"Royalty and ambition" she said looking at the ceiling.

Mom had the best memory. It still stunned me how mom still remembered studying the meanings of colors from fourth grade.

"So did you pick a design?" Mom asked

"Nope, I'm going classic" I said popping the 'p'

Bryan used to do that with his 'yep' and 'nope' and we were all annoyed after hearing him say it hundred of times everyday.

That thought made me remember yesterday. I needed to talk to Talia, she'd know why I'm acting so weird. On the other hand Talia needs to do some explaining after me and Bryan saw her making out with Leo.

"Ashley, I was thinking you and I could go to the summer house your week of in October" mom said shutting my thoughts. We hadn't been to the summer house since last, last summer, I missed going there this year.

"Yes please!" I said

"We'll clean up, and maybe do some installments for next year's summer"mom said, I got excited, meaning we'd go to the summer house next summer.

Mom noticed and said "only if you behave"

"I know that" I said smiling

*****
We drove back home quietly this time, and all our nails were painted.
When we got back home it was 7:38 so mom made both of us chicken salads and we cleaned up after. Izzy and Jack were still at the aquarium with dad so it was pretty quite.

"Right I've relaxed a lot today, especially after that massage, but I've got some work to do, I'll be in the office if you need" mom said putting her hands on her hips.

"Goodnight mom" I said setting our salad bowls, which were now cleaned on the drying rack

"Goodnight honey" mom said and left the kitchen.

I grabbed my phone from the kitchen counter and went upstairs. After changing into my pyjamas, I put my hair in a bun. Since I had a couple hours before sleeping, I sat down and did my chemistry homework, chemistry was something I was good at, so it didn't take me that long.

I finished my homework and got ready for bed. When I lay in my bed and I was putting an alarm for 7:00 tomorrow morning, I got a message from someone. It was Chloe

hi girl, it's been so long since we met out of school, I'm having a sleepover tomorrow and you have to come.

I wanted to go but I wasn't sure mom would let me. I went downstairs and ran to mom's office room, "Mom can I go to Chloe's tomorrow night?" I asked with a smile

Mom looked up from her laptop "On a Sunday?" she asked

"Monday's teacher training so we don't have school" I informed her

"Ok then go" she said sighing, I went out the door when my mother asked "No boys right" in a strict tone.

I turned around and rolled my eyes sarcastically, she started laughing "okay fine go" I went back upstairs and texted Chloe back.

Sorry again, I didn't publish much last week, but yeah you'll get at least three chapters from me a week, or more if I can ;) love y'all!

Ig: vanilla_pages_