Chapter 44: Soccer practice

Happy Halloween ppl! Todays Halloween and I rly wanted to write about Halloween in this book today, but it won't work so... just hang in there while I see and add Halloween in the next couple chapters, K love y'all bye, and enjoy this chapter! :)))

"Mornin'! '" Luke said with a cheerful smile as usual, I put pulled on my seat belt ignoring him, even though if it wasn't for him, I'd have to go to school by the bus. The seat belt wouldn't budge, after I gripped it hard and pulled on it like I was about to rip it out, it finally let me buckle up.

"What's with this thing" I said groaning

"Sorry, it's broke somehow, but I'll fix it soon" He said before I could cut in and say he better fix it.  He handed me a warm cup of coffee and I put on a light smile, just so he knew how thankful I was for him to bring me coffee on the way. I sipped on it looking out the window.

"So...why are you in a bad mood?" Luke asked hesitantly, I sighed loudly.

"It's that prankster, Bryan!" I shouted

"What'd he do" He asked gulping down some of his coffee.

"Nothing, literally nothing!" I exclaimed, Luke looked so scared of me, I could've laughed if it was at another time.

"Uh...isn't that...like...a positive?" He asked quietly, his eyes glued to the road.

"Well it could've been, but I was just being nice, I know he's worried about Aunt Clarice right now, like a lot, and I was being nice to him with all my efforts and he just brushed me off to the side like I was...a...a worm, or something!" I said, I was so pissed off, and I felt like stopping this car right now, going back to Bryan's house and throwing this boiling coffee at his face. He was fine all week, we even shared my bed (The way roommates would share a bed, obviously). Now he was acting as if it was back to how we hated each other's guts, it wasn't fair!

"Ashley? Did you hear anything?" Luke asked parking the car, and turning towards me with a look, I hadn't even realized we were parked in front of the school.

"Uh...no" I said after weighing the benefit of lying, which was zero, Luke looked at me for a minute without saying anything and then rolled his eyes before getting out of his seat, he came over to my side right before I was about to open the door, and he waited for me to step out, as he held the door, I facepalmed myself.

"Is this really necessary?" I asked after a couple minutes, nodded putting his forearm on the top of the car door, I jumped out with my bag and finished my coffee.

********

We were sitting on the bleachers, because Leo had a game, and I was forced to stay with Talia after school, Luke said he'd wait for me, but I told him I'd go home with Talia. The end of the warm sunshine was a couple weeks ago and now it was getting chilly, everyone of the bleachers had a light jacket or were at least wearing full sleeves, while on the field, every guy was shirtless, except of course for Peter. (Talia told me that his mom said she didn't want girls to fall in love with him, and wanted him to focus on his studies, so he wasn't allowed to even show his arms.) Talia's eyes were glued to Leo, but she kept a conversation going.

"Then maybe...my suspicions were correct" Talia said hesitantly.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused, now she finally turned to me.

"Ash, remember I told you, maybe he's just playing...what if he thought you were hot and now that he spent some time with you...he's back to..." She said her voice trailing off, I felt like she was right, it made sense, but I couldn't think of Bryan as a player, no matter what, I could think of him as anyone, but someone who breaks multiple girls' hearts? And if so I doubt he'd try playing with me, no matter how hot he thinks I am, he knows better than to try and break my heart.